one.

"Hey Tommo."
Niall came into the lecture room, jogging up the stairs to the row Louis was sat on with Eleanor.

"Hi Nialler."
He removed his hand from around her waist to greet his best friend before returning it as Niall sat down next to the couple. All the pupils started to flood into the small hall a few minutes after, some were new, Niall noticed.

He chuckled at how small and young they all were, calling them babies and college nobodies. Louis and Eleanor laughed along with him, trying to pick out every new student from the older crowds.

When everyone was finally settled and ready, the professor entered the class, ready to start. "Settle down everyone." It went quiet as he opened his laptop on his desk, sorting his notes that were made of coffee stained A5 and cue cards.

But then the silence was corrupted as a small, muttering boy barged into the classroom, unaware of the teacher scowling at him.

Niall's laughter sent the rest of the students into giggles, making the young teen freeze in his tracks, turning slowly and going pale.

"You're late." Mr Banks folded his arms, stepping away from his desk.

"S-Sorry s-sir." He gulped but his feet didn't move as he continued shaking and stuttering.

"Sit down then sweetie!" Niall stood from his seat, throwing his arms out to show the boy where most of the empty seats were. His friend group around him including Louis and Eleanor all clapped and tapped him on the shoulders, congratulating him on the joke.

The boy on the floor rebutted, his eyes beginning to blink and his mouth muttering unknown words yet again. "What a freak!" Eleanor pitched in, the unstoppable cackles carrying on.

Louis didn't say anything after he saw his whole face fade, the boy looked so sad and scared, he didn't want to upset him. He was probably terrified, his first day in university, which is a lot different than high school or college, and his first lesson he comes in late and gets judged and shouted at. Poor thing.

Just like Louis' and everyone else's first day in social studies, you are meant to stand up and introduce yourself as you would have to be confident and ready to do so in later life.

Around 10 new comers stood, including the little curly haired one from before. A girl started off, facing the whole class and smiling, projecting her name so the back could hear.

Each pupil turned to their classmates, but then there was only one person left.

He stood and turned to face the seats behind him, his mouth opened but nothing came out. His eyes fogged over as he jolted back, the teacher was so confused and strutted over to him.

In a second it was like the boy's heart started beating and life filled him back up, his eyes squinted as he wobbled back over to his desk, rummaging through his backpack.

"Where's my glasses?" He kept repeating and repeating until he found them.

He stood to find everyone roaring with laughter at him, they thought he was a freak, every single person in that lecture room judged this strange, nervous teen.

All except one.

Louis was sat quietly, still an arm around his chuckling girlfriend and shoulder pushed up against his grinning best friend.

He felt bad. So so bad.

He could remember every inch of nerves that crawled up his spine on this very day a couple of years ago and how frightening it was. Louis admitted that it was a little funny watching him struggle and to think where he might be in a few years and how embarrassed he would be of this day when all of his mates would bring it up, but he blocked those thoughts out.

"Run." He whispered under his breath, it was impossible for the boy on the floor to hear him but like he could read his mind, he did exactly that.

The nameless boy picked up his backpack and jogged out of the room in floods. The teacher waved his hands in the air to get everyone to stop, it barely worked but as it got quieter, he exited too, most likely to try and find the runaway.

Mr Banks came in around 10 minutes after;  the students had been left to their own devices as they waited. He explained that the boy is new and doesn't really have any friends so please be welcoming, he is different.

"You're telling me!" Another one of Louis friends sat directly behind him sniggered, Niall leaning back to collect a sly high five.

Louis took in what the professor was saying and sighed. He'll make him feel welcome if he sees him, maybe give him advice of what to do and how to make friends and how to avoid bullies; like his best friend.

Louis' thoughts of sympathy for the boy ate him up, making him have a headache.
He couldn't even spit out his own name.