eight.

Louis finished the last bite of his ham sandwich and gulped. The boys hadn't really talked but Louis just wanted Harry to not feel alone, even if that meant sitting in silence while he read a book.

He was pretty sure it was Harry anyway, he hadn't put the glasses back on.

"Shit."

He realised what he'd done, Harry looked up with concern to find Louis scrambling to his feet, throwing his bag over his shoulder and collecting his empty crisp bag and chocolate wrapper.

"Sorry, I was meant to meet my girlfriend. She's going to be pissed-" Louis walked off but redirected before he took too many steps.

"We're going to talk about this tomorrow." Harry backed down immediately, his head lowering as he shook it.

"Please? I won't judge you I promise. You can trust me Harry." The younger sighed, closing his book and standing, collecting his own black bag and putting it in.

"Maybe, but not in school."

Louis instinctively took out his phone, but before he could unlock it, everyone in the library heard the door fly open, sounding like it was going to fall off of its hinges.

"Louis?!"

Eleanor trotted in, clutching her hand bag with tears in her eyes. "El-...I-"

"Why the fuck are you talking to this freak?"

Harry stepped back and returned his chin back down to his chest, Louis realised how she'd upset him and sighed.

"He's not a freak."

"Yes his is Louis! You're in here talking to this, freak-" she made eye contact with Harry and made a disgusted look. "-instead of coming to pick me up from class! We're meant to walk into the hall at exactly 1 o'clock together, that didn't happen yesterday either!"

All the students in the room were silent, witnessing the argument at full throttle, some giggling at how pathetic it all was.

Eleanor's tears soon fell as she cried out, pushing Louis backwards so he almost fell onto the table.

"Do you even care about me anymore? You're purposely not giving me enough attention and making me feel like shit! Do you even love me?"

Eleanor loved to use that little phrase at the end of each fight, knowing she would win.

Everyone knew, apart from Louis obviously, that she had him wrapped around her little finger.

She could easily pull on the strings and make him dance right beneath her, even when he didn't want to.

Louis rushed over and held onto her forearms, making her look up at him. "Of course I do baby."

Without another word said, Eleanor wrapped her arms around the back of Louis' neck, diving into his mouth.

The snog lasted a minute, leaving Louis completely out of breath while a blush ravished his face. It made fellow pupils feel internally sick and awkward.

Eleanor had never been afraid of showing affection in public yet Louis on the other hand, it made him uncomfortable sometimes, especially in this situation.

His girlfriend let go and slipped her tongue out of his throat, pulling back and smirking at Harry who was a similar colour to Louis.

She stood on her tiptoes to reach his ear, barely whispering, she loved being the centre of attention.

"You should realise what you have baby, you don't want to lose me. You're lucky I'm so forgiving."

A flustered Louis gulped as El turned on her heels and strutted off, swaying her hips side by side. His eyes trailing all over her like a lion seeing fresh meat.

Light chatter started again when the library door shut, all of the conversations starting with 'what a psycho' but Louis' eyes were so clouded and his ears were so blocked, he couldn't move.

He couldn't see how she manipulated him and messed with his head.

"She really seems like a dream."

Harry's soft, sarcastic voice took the bag off of Louis' head, the two beginning to laugh together until the volume of the room returned to its normal status.

"See you tomorrow Styles."

Louis left, completely forgetting about giving Harry his number, he didn't mention it though.

He believed it was the best.
The best for Louis to not know him.
The best for Eleanor to get her boyfriend back.
And the best for Harry.

To have no friends.

One of them would always scare him off anyway.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
love us.//l.sजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें