twelve.

Louis burst into the hallway and tried to think of all the hiding places Harry could've run off to.

He read the internal map cemented in his head and decided to go to the toilets but to check each empty classroom on his way incase Harry had snuck into one.

5 rooms later the head of curls wasn't spotted weeping anywhere so Louis skipped a few and headed for the closest bathroom.

His hands met the wooden door and he gently pushed, spying into the gents. A tiled wall that looked like it hadn't been washed in centuries was blocking his view so he crept in delicately, trying not to make any noise.

"Har-" the name barely left Louis' lips when he picked up light sobs and sniffles coming from the other side of one of the cubicles.

After tuning into the sound, he pinpointed which door and stood by it, wondering weather to knock.

Knock? what the fuck are you thinking??

"Harry? Is that you?" A hiccup was returned as the boy shuffled back, falling onto the toilet seat before scrambling to get back up again.

"L-Leave me alone."

The small teens broken voice hurt Louis' ears and pulled at his heartstrings. No one deserved to be this upset.

"It's me, Louis."

Of course he fucking knows that you idiot

"Are you okay? Come out." Louis reached for the handle for no reason as he knew it was going to be locked but he just wanted to rip it down, Harry already had enough emotional walls built up he didn't need any physical ones.

"Just go away. G-Go back to your friends."

Louis bit his tongue from slagging his friends off and took a breath instead.

"Come out and show yourself first, I don't want you crying about them-"

Before he finished his sentence the lock slid left and Harry stomped out, closer to Louis with red puffy eyes and streams down both of his flushed cheeks.

"Stop pretending to care about me!" He squawked.

"I'm not pretending-" Louis backed up a few paces just in case a different personality jumped out of Harry, one that may be less friendly.

"Yes you are! You think I'm a freak like everyone else, you think it's so funny watching how upset I get and how I'm actually talking to you! Just stop Louis! Stop trying and leave me alone in peace. I've had enough of this shit-"

Louis' eyes widened at Harry's rant but leaped forward, grabbing the younger by his shoulders and getting him to stop and pant.

"I'm not faking this Harry. I do care about you and I don't want my friends making you this sad, I don't care if I'm laughed at for being your friend I don't want you to be alone."

Harry broke their shared eye contact and shrugged Louis off of him. "You don't know me."

He didn't give up, Louis rolled his sleeve up and took out a dark blue sharpie from his jean pocket.

"Let me in then. Write your number again, I'll call you tonight and you will meet me at the park around 5 and talk to me. About everything."

Harry gulped and quivered, stuttering to take the pen. It took him a second but he finally grabbed it and re-inked Louis' pale skin.

"I can't tell you everything Loui-"

"You will tell me what you feel comfortable with, I want you to trust me."

The smaller nodded and gave a short but sweet little grin, bowing his head a few degrees.

"Thank you Louis."

"It's okay don't mention it. If you tell me things, I could convince my friends that you're not what they think you are-"

"A freak." Harry chuckled and shrugged, playing with the straps of his backpack.

"You're not a freak Harry." He rolled his eyes and then wiped them with his long jumper sleeve, gazing in the mirror opposite them if it looked like he'd been crying.

When he looked suitable, Harry nodded his head and thanked Louis yet again, the two walked out together but went in different directions.

"See you in the library," Louis giggled, watching Harry wander off even though he had no idea where he was going.

"See you then." The other turned one last time before disappearing round a corner.

A/N
Sorry this ones a licle short, I'm on winter break now so more updates hopefully!!

How was everyone's Christmas if you celebrate it?

kT x