nine.

"El-"

Louis chased after her, trying to latch onto her arm. He was still a little dazed from the whole experience that took place a few seconds ago.

She suddenly froze and span around, her eyes boiling with anger as they clawed into Louis' innocent, scared ones.

"He is a freak! What are you doing standing up for him and making me look crazy in front of so many people?! I'm your girlfriend remember."

Louis looked past her shoulder and found Niall and the rest of their friend group watching the two fight.

"Baby, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to embarrass you, it's just- h-he isn't a bad perso-"

"Don't talk to him, unless you're ready to lose me."

Louis gulped and let Eleanor walk away, but just before she got too far, she turned her head slightly.

"I'll see you after school, hopefully you would have made your mind up by then." And without anything else said, she pushed through the crowd and disappeared down the other end of the concourse.

Niall cracked up, striding towards Louis to wrap an arm around his shoulders, squeezing.

"You're in some deep shit man. She's honking a different tune compared to this morning."

Louis nodded and crumbled, rubbing his forehead in circles.

He couldn't lose her over a kid.
A random kid.
A random weird kid.

A kid that he barely even knows.

"She just needs to cool down, it'll be fine don't worry. Ready for graphics?" Louis hummed as he started to walk with his best friend down the correct corridor that led to their last class.

"I'll just go to the toilet, I'll see you in there."

Louis cut off from Niall and plunged into the bathrooms, doing his business at the urinals. After a minute, he washed his hands and left, but as he was exiting the toilets he almost knocked someone over.

"I'm so sor-" he looked up from the scramble to see Harry, rearranging his books in his arms.

"It's okay." The other met with the older boys eyes and smiled, being reassured that it was a friendly face.

"Oh, hey."
"Hi."

Harry gulped and spoke quietly, he'd probably heard the continued argument out in the corridor.

"I-I'm lost." Louis giggled and shook his head, beginning to walk again; away from the toilets.

"Where are you meant to be?"
"Computing." Harry answered quickly, holding his files close to his chest.

"It's just down here, a few doors down from mine. And, erm, I'm sorry about before, my girls just a little..."

"Crazy." The younger answered smugly, earning a bump on the shoulder.

"You could say that."

The two were then at Louis' door, that held the class of graphic design. A couple more down was were you could find all the computers and electrics of the school, where Harry needed to be.

"It's either the one on the left or right." Harry nodded and began to follow Louis' instructions as the other put his hand on the handle of the door, ready to enter.

"Harry, wait."

The head of curls bounced back around to find Louis pulling a pen out of his pocket with his arm stretched out towards him.

"I didn't get your number." Harry hesitated at first but then he exhaled and took the pen out of Louis palm.

After the certain set of numbers was engraved onto his hand, Louis grinned, bowed his head and left the corridor, going into his last class of the day.

Of course he had to apologise to the teacher for being 5 minutes late and he had to hide the numbers on his hand away from Niall in case he got suspicious and told Eleanor.

All of his stressing just made the whole hour and a half go even slower than it normally would, he enjoyed the lesson but not as much as all of his others.

It was just a ticking time bomb for over thinking as they never did much, him and Niall would have a bit of banter every few minutes but not today, the teacher had organised a seating plan.

which
was
just
great

Louis was stuck between two people he didn't even know the names of never mind liked. But yet the time trudged by and it was ready for the bell to go off, signalling the time to leave.

He had to meet Eleanor at the gates by the car park, he was just wishing over and over in his head that she was in a better mood now.

"See you tomorrow Tommo." Niall ruffled his hair and disappeared outside, probably racing to catch the bus.

He had the car, yet three failed driving tests.

Louis on the other hand got it on his first try.

The carpark was already pretty empty when he got there, thankfully Eleanor wasn't there yet which was good as she hated waiting on her own.

The boy would be lying if he said he wasn't shitting bricks.