·6·

She is sprawled all across the bed and my pillows. I'm practically pushed at the end of the bed but I don't mind. I barely slept because she was having nightmares all thru the night and now that she is peaceful I can't help but smile. I pull her closer to me, just like I did through the night. She always seems to calm down. She stirs in my arms and then slowly tenses when she comes to her senses.

I can tell that it's because she hates when someone touches her. Logically. I pull away trying to give her space. Then I ask the question that's been nagging in my head for as long as I have known and also the day she told me about that nightmare of a brother,  "why are you against Eva?" She closes her eyes and puts a hand over her eyes. Shitting them so tightly.

,, Like I said. I was a part of the wrong group much before Cordon came. She is the definition of bad influence, told me I don't need the pills that I am the one they should listen to. I was stupid. After what my brother did I couldn't stay at the house, so I slept at her house. I should've chosen Kelsey. Eva always had a crush on my brother so when he asked her to let him in she just did. I couldn't run and she just locked me in the room with him. That day at school I told her that he's coming after her just to scare her, but he doesn't even care about her!" I count on that she will cry a river over my bed but she doesn't. Her voice only wavers thew times but then her face is stoic. Her cheeks going paler. As a white sheet ready to be written on.

,, I-I'm so sorry." I whisper out and she stills when my hand intertwines with hers. Then she clutches it tighter. Clutching it as if I am the only thing keeping her sane.

,, But you and Kelsey are now good  aren't you?" I ask hoping to get her in a better mood by knowing she has a loyal friend. A friend who will do anything for her.

,, Yeah, she was the only one I wasn't running from." I smile at her and she gives me a crooked smile back. I pull back and jump from the bed. My smile doesn't falter and it only widens when I see her stretch in my clothes. She stretches like a cat, stretching her limbs. I am such a creep. She follows me downstairs her steps soft that I could almost miss it.

,, Good morning." My mother chirps in the kitchen, wiping her hand over her apron. She is putting plates on the table. It seems that when we have a visitor the table is always full of food. Angelina hesitantly sits down in front of the waffles. My hand latches onto the syrup and I pour it all over her waffles. She watches me with amusement.

,, What? It tastes the best." She nods her head and puts some blueberries on top. I would put on ice cream but I guess she doesn't need so much sugar in the morning.

,, Alright kids we are going to go grocery shopping." My father cuts in. He sits across from us already reading his newspapers. Licking his finger and changing the pages, like always. Angelina watches him wide-eyed probably not even knowing why would she go shopping.

,, What, baby don't you even know how to shop?" Her head whips to me her eyes wide. Even my mother and father turn to me and I think about what I said wrong. Mulling the sentence in my head I curse.

,, Shit sorry I didn't mean to!" She mumbles that's it's okay and starts to slowly chew on her food. Eating small bites as if still afraid if we didn't poison her. My mom gives me a wide smile while my father smirks. It was just a slip-up but it seemed natural calling her that.

,, Alright you can borrow some of my clothes." My mother suggests. But Angelina doesn't know what's in store for her just because we are going grocery "shopping".

***

After pulling on some of my mother's clothes Angelina decides to pull on my hoodie. She is covered in it as a little beautiful angel. Her steps all slow and she walks as this tiny cute being. I almost awe at her out loud but I know she wouldn't appreciate it. My eyes don't stray away from her all the way in our car and not even now when she walks in front of me. She walks slowly next to my mom while my father is walking next to me. He keeps on patting my back but I don't pay him attention. She keeps me hypnotized as she chained my soul to follow hers.

,, Son, stop watching her or you will freak her out." I frown and then get one thing. He is probably right and also that I don't understand why am I like this. Why am I so obsessed with her? The sentence, I always liked you, rings in my head. Did she?! I walk into the shopping center behind them and watch as my mother chats away with Angeline. I smile at them. They are like two best friends chatting after a long departure. Something warmed inside my chest at them. She laughs and turns to me with a smile. Her eyes shine and the sides crinkle and I give her a smile back. My heartbeat speeding up as always. Her hair flew around and I grinned when I saw them going to the sweet section. It was clear that Angelina was staying even though her house was probably more secure. But I knew for sure that I wanted her secure in my arms. And at this moment just looking at her walking side by side with my family, shopping with me to get food for us so we could spend more time together, I get that I feel something for her. I feel something much more forceful than just friendship. And I feel as if she's a part of the family.

                               ———

Hope you are all getting ready for the next chapter.👏😂💕