·9·

I wipe my hands over my pants and sigh. I sit close to Angie and the wooden bench seems too small for all the people that are here. I look around the room. The small courtroom. The people around here keep looking forward, waiting for the guilty one. Not me I'm waiting for the person next to me to shout in frustration to stop the theatrics. I sigh again and put an arm around her shoulders. I still don't get why she has to be here. Why can't they just leave her being happy that they finally caught the piece shit of a man? Happy that they are finally sending him to jail!

Angelina jolts under my touch. I tense in return feeling like a douche. She feels scared because she has to be in the same room as him. I'm ready to pull my hand away when she stops me by pushing her head into my chest. I stroke her hair trying to soothe her. Those three days ran by like water and now that we are sitting here feels so surreal. Now her brother Cordon has been captured and he will be brought before justice. The door opens and all the people turn as if a celebrity walked in. And maybe he is, by the way how everyone knows him. How everyone crowds this damn room wanting to know the truth about the gossip.

My father, who sits next to Angie's father, doesn't turn and instead fixes his papers. Angie's father, Mr. McCarten, is looking at his daughter thoughtfully. Grief striking look in his eyes. The only one who isn't whispering, or sporting a glare is Angie who is huddled practically in my lap.

Cordons eyes search the room in speed and I know for who exactly he's looking when his eyes land on the Angel in my arms. His eyes squint at the protective hand I got wrapped around her. Almost wanting to burn it off with his stare. Then his eyes shoot daggers into me. It makes me feel sick knowing that he still feels possessive about her. Andy glares at his brother and puts a hand on his sister's knee. He rubs it gently and whispers he'll protect her. His eyes meet mine and he gives me back a sad smile. He knows that we are probably the only people in this room that can touch her and he feels guilty. Cordon is led past us but his eyes don't stray away from Angelina's head. She sighs when we hear him sit down.

,, The defendant's legal defense of Cordon McCarten begins on charges of sexual assault!" The judge says and everyone in the room sits down. I take a deep breath. " Is the council ready to proceed, " the judge says and he immediately gets an answer, " Ready, Your Honor!" Cordon turns to look at his sister his eyes shining. I wanna throw up.

Suddenly Angie bolts out of her seat and my arms and runs out. People turn to look at her and even more whispers follow. My eyes turn towards Cordon wanting to murder him with only my eyes but his attention is elsewhere. Her brother has a sinister look as he watches her perfect behind move out of the door. I jump too and walk fastly not wanting to be scolded. I keep my head down as I have my cheeks coated in pink. God so embarrassing! As I step outside Angelina is bending over and puking her guts out. Fûck! I ran behind her and rub her back. She shivers when my hand makes contact. And as always it makes me flinch.

,, Come on I'll take you home." I hoist her up and hold her and help her towards her car. I've been driving it a lot lately. She lays her head on the window and lets out heavy sighs.

When we finally pull up in front of her house she bits her lip. She doesn't ask for help as she climbs the stairs and walks to her bathroom. I sigh again when I hear the water running and push my hair back. Am I really, going to do this? After what she had to go through today? I pull my clothes down and start to strip. God, she'll probably castrate me!

I walk into the bathroom and pull apart the glass. Shit, shit! Fûck I'm, really seducing a girl that always makes the first move. Who is confident and beautiful and could probably have any other hotter guy? My cheeks warm again.

Angie gasps as my hand make contact with her exposed shoulder. Probably just now noticing me. I push myself closer to her and enclose my arms around her. Her eyes widen before she tilts her head to meet my lips. So fiercely.

◾◾◾

I hold her door and she waltzes around me into the cafe. After we did it one more time in bed we both called time for a snack. Both hungry. I curse in a whisper when I notice the guys from school watching us. They study Angie curiously because they are probably asking themselves if the thing with her brother happened. I can't even think of the damn word.

Angelina cuddles to my side and practically melt into me. I grin proudly to be showing her off. " Dallas what do you wanna get?" She asks me with the sweet voice of her. Her eyes trailing to meet mine finally having that happy spark.

I bend down to her ear, " You." She shivers in delight and then turns red. I grumble a laugh and she rolls her eyes. And I just enjoy the sight of her being this honest with me.

,, Twice Pumpkin Spice Latte, to go!" I order for the both of us knowing already what she would probably get. She nods at me and gives me a proud grin. The woman nods after we pay and turns to do our order.

As we walk outside I notice it's already going close to winter. Angelina's hair flows around and she huffs when I laugh at her. We both sit down on the swings and she smiles at me. She looks so shy right now. It almost makes her look innocent.

,, I wanna be like this forever." She sighs wistfully and I nod my head. Looking towards her with a dreamy look, " so carefree." I finish for her.

,, With you." She tells me and gives me an intense look. A corner of my lips tugs upwards. We usually have these sappy moments when I'm devouring her. She always turns into mush.

,, So that's why I sent an application to UCLA." She looks forward as my eyes brighten as the sun. My heart already decided that it was so ready to begin this chapter of life with her.

,, Probably management!" I nod my head and smile, planning on studying Economics and then be a teacher we would be almost on the same schedule. I stumble towards her as I get off the swings and grin.

,, I love you." She nuzzles her neck to my throat and then mumbles she loves me more. Hardly believable but I don't say it. She is planning a future with me and I can't be happier. No matter what happened to her she still let me in. And I'm glad I broke her walls.

A/N
I'm not sure if this is how the court works, I've never been to it and it's different in my country... so, sorry if it's wrong.

And also just one chapter left and that is the epilogue, then I'm gonna write another book of these series. Hope you enjoy this chapter💓