C H A P T E R 8

Tris POV

MTV music Awards

Morning

I make breakfast for Tobias and I. When I finish I put it in two plates and take it upstairs. I set the plates down on the table and jump on bed in top of Tobias. He groans and covers his face with a pillow "Tobias wake up I made you breakfast" I say and take the pillow away form him. I lean down and kiss his forehead, then the tip of his nose and at last his lips.

He smirks "I'm up" he whispers in my ear "of course you are" I say giggling. I got off of him and sat on the table. He sits next to me and grabs the fork.

"Are you ready for tonight?" he asks me. I sigh "I guess so" I tell him and he nods "I'm kind of nervous" he confesses and bites his toast. I frown "why? You shouldn't be" I tell him and take his hand "well what if I don't win. What if people hate my music so much that they're not gonna vote for me, and what if--" I cut him off by putting my index hinger in his lips

"Okay Tobias enough. First of all your music is amazing and if people don't realize that then screw them, they're deaf and second of all everybody loves you, all your fans, and your family and me. Trust me when I say this, you're gonna win tonight, you have a lot of talent. So stop whining" I say and he smiles. He cups my face with his hands and presses his forehead to mine

"you're so cute, I love you" he tells me and kisses my lips. I giggle and kiss him back "I love you too" we pull back and finish our breakfast holding hands.

***

Afternoon

After I picked up Tobias's tux, Ariana, Christina and I left to a hotel near the place where the show is being hosted. It's called Marriott. Tobias and the other guys are probably getting ready now. I'm excited about tonight but sad at the same time because the gang is not going. They said they would rather watch it on tv.

We get on the elevator and press the button for the fifth floor. When we get there I take out my key and open the door. When we step inside I see Shauna and Marlene sleeping, Selena fixing her hair and Taylor taking out her dress from the closet.

"Okay girls I'll be right back" I say and walk to Tobias's room. I knock twice and Nathan opens the door. I hug him and walk inside. I see Tobias in the closet facing the wall. He's looking down trying to find his perfect shoes. I jump on him and he tenses up

"whoever this is, I have a girlfriend" he says and I giggle

"Oh so your cheating on me?" I joke and he chuckles. I got off him and he turned around to face me "hey beautiful" he says and kisses me in the lips. I smirk and kiss back. When we pull back I give him his tux "there you go" I say and he thanks me with a kiss

"Okay I gotta go, I'll see you later" I say, walk outside and go back to my room.

***

I curl my hair and let it down. I hired someone to do my makeup and it looks amazing. I take my dress and put it on. It's a white strapless flowy dress and it stops right above my knees. The top of the dress is lace. I put on my heels and show the girls. Their jaws drop to the floor.

"You look so pretty" Selena says with a huge smile on her face "I know, you look gorgeous" Ariana says and they hug me "Four is a lucky guy" Christina says and Taylor nods. I giggle "thanks guys, you all look beautiful too" I tell them. We a take selfies and post them to Instagram. I take a picture of me making a duck face and peace sign 'Don't Forget To Vote <3 #muchlove' I put as caption.

Someone knocks in the door and Ariana goes to answer it. Nathan, Ed, Zeke, Uriah, Will and Tobias are standing outside. Tobias has his tux and his sleeves are rolled up. I run up to him and hug him. He chuckles, hugs me back and spins me around.

"You're definitely gonna win best smile" Tobias tells me and I give him a sweet kiss. Everyone says hi to their boyfriends.

"We gotta go now if we want to walk in the red carpet" Nathan says checking his watch. We all nod and I hug my friends from Chicago.

Zeke kisses my cheek and gives Tobias a man hug "good luck" he tells us "thanks" I say with a smile. We wave goodbye and walk downstairs to the lobby where the limo is waiting for us. The rest of the ride was silent.

***

When we got there Tobias took my hand and we got out of the limo. We heard a lot of screams and flash lights were going off. That's a lot of cameras. We smiled and posed for the paparazzi.

"TRIS! FOUR! OVER HERE!" we heard a girl yelling behind the barricade. I smiled and walked towards them "hey guys!" I said and everyone squealed

"Thank you for stopping by!" one of the girls shouted and Tobias and I nodded "no problem, we love you guys" Tobias tells them and they scream

"WE LOVE YOU TOO!" they all yelled at the same time. Tobias and I chuckled. We signed some stuff and took pictures with them. After ten minutes we said our goodbyes and went inside. We found our seats next to Nathan, Ariana, Ed, Taylor, Justin, Selena, Alfredo and Scooter. My mom and dad were in front of us with the rest of the families. I walked around for a while and said hi to my other friends like Demi. After that I sat back down and waited for the show to start.

***

So far I've won five of the awards, there's only one left. Tobias also won four and we are now waiting to see who the male artist of the year is.

".... And our winner for male artist of the year goes to..." Carly said while opening the envelop "Four Eaton!" she says and shows everyone the envelop. Me and the rest of our friends stood up and congratulated Tobias. I smiled widely and hugged him "I'm really proud of you Tobias" I whisper in his ear and he kisses my cheek "I'm glad you are" he says and walks up to the stage. Carly and Tobias hug and she hands him the award.

"Well first of all I wanted to thank all my fans out there that voted for me, you guys are the best. Also Alfredo and Drew, thank you for giving me a chance and taking a risk with me. Umm also my friends for supporting me and being there for me no matter what, and last but certainly not least I want to thank my beautiful girlfriend, Tris. Thank you for being such an amazing person. You are the love of my life, you stole my heart. Thank you for always supporting me in my decisions and yeah... I love you so so much" he says and everyone mutters 'aww'. I blush and smile at him. We all cheer for him and he walks backstage. Couple of minutes later he sits down next to me and I take his hand "I love you" I whisper in his ear and kiss his cheek. We both smile at each other and pay attention to the show.

***

"This five ladies are known for their talents, but also for their smiles that could light up the world" Luke Hemmings says and takes out a golden envelop "our nominees for best smile are Selena Gomez, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Tris Prior and Ariana Grande" he opens the envelop and takes out another paper "and our winner for best smile is.... Tris Prior!" everyone claps and cheers. I stand up followed by all my friends. Tobias hugs me "you did great princess" he says and we kiss. I then hug the girls and they smile. After I hug my parents I walk up to the stage and give my speech.

***

After the awards Tobias and I took a picture together holding one of our awards. I posted it on Instagram and Twitter 'proud of my baby <3' was the caption. I also decided to tweet some stuff 'Hey guys! so as you can see Four and I won all the awards so we will be doing a live stream tomorrow at 2:00pm stay tune ;)' I tweeted that, logged off and walked up to my parents.

They hugged me and told me how proud they were. After that we all went to an after party that Drake was hosting at his mansion.