C H A P T E R 13

T R I S

Its been almost two weeks now and I haven't eaten anything. I don't know how I'm still alive. Maybe it's hope. The hope that I will see Tobias again one day. Maybe that's what's keeping me alive.

Edgar stands up and walks out the door. He comes once or twice a day to check on me and see if I'm dead or not. He closes the door but I don't hear the usual 'click' I always hear that tells me the door is locked. Maybe he thinks I'm too weak to move. I wait five minutes and try to break free. I see a knife laying on a table about three feet away from me. I start to move and after ten minutes of trying I finally reach it. I cut the ropes and stand up. I feel dizzy and fall.

I stab up slowly and open the door. I make sure Edgar is not there and walk out. I'm in a house, it's a really decent one actually. I see a black hoodie laying on a chair and I grab it. I put it on and begin walking to the door. When I'm about to open it I see a mirror. I look at myself and my face is covered in bruises.

I sigh and open the door. Just then Edgar comes in with a takeout box. I back away scared and he puts the box down

"you bitch. Now you're dead" he says and takes something out from his back pocket. I small knife. Shit. He comes towards me grabs me by the hair. He then stabs me on my side and I scream. I punch him on the side of his head and he falls to the floor unconscious. wow I knocked him out. Okay this is my chance. I take the knife out of my skin and scream. I throw the bloody object to the side and run outside without looking back.

What the...? I can't believe this. I'm about three blocks away from my house. Well that's good news. I start running and my vision starts to get blurry. I'm losing lot of blood.

I finally reach my house and see that there's no paparazzi outside. Okay that's strange. The gate is closed of course. I put the code in and it opens by itself. I stumble on my way to the door. When I get there I start knocking.

The door opens and I see Tobias standing in front of with bags under his eyes. His hair is a mess and his eyes are red and puffy "Tris?" he asks and I throw myself in his arms. He catches me and my eyes begin closing. I can hear him talking but I can't process his words.

The world goes black