Chapter 12

Gary POV ~

I tried to stop Ash from walking away but he was too determined to leave that I let it happen. I didn't want to fight him in the middle of this cafe.

I turned to my friends and glared at them. Throwing my hands up in the air I said to them. "Now you've done it!"

"Sorry Gary, we didn't mean this to happen."

"Yeah, we do want to see you happy."

"It's just... We didn't think you would end up with a boy."

"And he is not slutty at all, he is actually really cute."

I hated when they started talking like twins, finishing each others sentences. I find it hard to listen to both of them at the same time. "That's really nice of you but it's him that's hurt the most. He didn't even want to meet you in the first place, you know."

"Why?"

"Because every time he saw me with you guys he found you bitchy and that's exactly the show you put up as soon as we came in." I sighed. The understanding spread on their face from the eyes all the way down to their lips.

"We need to fix this..." Grant said, more to Brant than to me. Yes their names are almost identical except for the first letter. It's annoying at first, but you'll get used to it.

Ash POV ~

After I left the cafe I went straight home. I know it's the first place Gary would come look for me. And it's not like I'm actually running from him or something. I just didn't want to be around those two guys anymore.

I'm not sure how long it will take before Gary would come in my house. I left the door open, just enough for him to see he could come in.

And I was right, after fifteen minutes Gary showed up in my living room. With a white bag in his hand. "Come on, let's make this up to you and have lunch on the beach."

I put a plaid, two plastic plates and some cutlery in my backpack. We walked along the path to the beach hand in hand without saying a word to each other. I especially wanted to avoid a conversation about earlier this morning, or noon, or afternoon. I don't even know what time it is or was. I'm guessing it's somewhere between 11 and 14. And since I'm getting hungry it must be 13 or 14.

My tummy grumbled. Gary started chuckling. "You're always hungry."

"I am not." I huffed playfully. Gary was still chuckling. "Whatever."

We're here, at the edge of the forest and the beach. We found a nice spot, away from everyone. No one to see any where near. I spread the plaid out and we sat down on it. I put the two plates between us and Gary opened his bag with food. It smelled really nice but I wasn't sure what it was.

"Today we have... Grilled baguettes with mozzarella, tomato and basil." We each had half a baguette on our plates and I was staring at it. Not that I was curious what it would taste like, it would probably taste great. But I was just thinking about how I would eat this thing without... You know...

"Ash, don't be such a baby. I won't look at you while you eat. Is that okay?" We both laughed. "Good enough by me." So anyway, I ate it. The baguette barely fit in my mouth and watching me eat it would be freaking hilarious.

Misty POV ~

I decided it was a nice day to swim. Who am I kidding? I ALWAYS think it's a good day to swim. If it's not in our pool than in the lake by Pallet Town. The weather has been nice enough the past few days to go swimming outside.

My older sisters didn't want to go, they had other stuff to do. Better stuff to do. Better stuff than having fun with their little sister. Well whatever. I don't need them. I can have fun on my own with my pokemon.

With Squirtle behind me,Togepi in my arms and a huge towel around my waist, I made my way to the beach.

After swimming for what seemed like an hour but was in fact only 15 minutes I went to lie in the sun to dry up. My ginger hair in a high pony tail. The beach was close to deserted. Only three other people from what I could see.

When I was dry and done enjoying the sunshine on my skin I took a walk along the waterline, barefooted. Squirtle splashing around and Togepi marching through the water in his own way.

That's when I heard someone laughing. I looked to my left, no one in the water. No one following me, no one in front of me. So they must be at my... Right. I turned me head at the same time and saw two familair boys sitting there, eating something.

I turned 90 degrees on my heels and walked to them. Half way there I heard Squirtle mumbling something and quickly catching up with me. He hadn't noticed I changed direction.

Ash took another bite of his baguette. You could barely call this taking a bite. He ate it with his whole face. Tomato seeds on his left cheekbone and a small piece of mozz on his right cheek. I snickered when I got closer and they both turned their head in my direction.

"Misty, what are you doing here?" Ash asked me with his mouth full. I couldn't help myself and laughed out loud for a moment. After I got myself together I answered. "Enjoying the weather, obviously."

Gary POV ~

I was getting nervous, Grant and Brant could be here any minute. Now Misty decided to show up too. They get unpredictable when someone they don't know shows up.

Misty sat down on the sand with a thud. "So, how are you two doing? Great I guess?" I nodded and hummed a 'hmhm'. Ash nodded too, still enjoying his baguette, with a battefield on his face.

I heard footsteps and turned to look where and who they got from. Misty noticed it and turned her head too. "You two again?"

I looked at Misty and pointed at the two approaching guys with my thumb. "You know them?"

"Yeah, kind of. They showed up in the Cerulean City gym last week. We beat the shit out of them." She laughed. I gotta say, it's kind of funny.

Grant and Brant now sat down opposite of Misty with the blanket between them. They sighed at the sight of her but got over it. "Ash, we think we made..."

"A bad start." Ash nodded in response.

"I'm Grant." He extended his right hand, Ash shook it. Grant held it.

"I'm Brant." He extended his left hand and Ash looked confused. He couldn't get his hand out of Grant grip so he shook Brant's hand with his left hand. Ash made a sound with his breath through his nose, a crossover between laughing and snorting. He shook his head meanwhile.

"We good now? You know, we really think..."

"You're nice and you should be happy."

"With Gary."

"So you have a nice side?" To my surprise the question didn't come from Ash but from Misty.

"Shut up redhead."

"We can still bitch at you."

"Right..." I said, not knowing how to cease THIS fire.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it bros and babes, the last chapter. Are you ready for the epilogue? The end of this book?

No me neither. So I hope the sequel coming up will ease the pain.

Sorry it took me so long but I've been to family for a few days I haven't seen in a while because they don't really live next door. To make it up to you, you get this chapter and epilogue in one go.

Okay, see you at the end of the epilogue.

Beebee out! <3