Chapter 14

Cashton's POV:

     We spent the entire night together before I had to go because I had Alpha duties. Of course, I told her the truth seeing as how she knew everything. But before leaving, I asked her if she would want to have a picnic with me tomorrow.  Cheesy, I know, but only for my mate. She nodded her head yes and then I quickly kissed her before leaving.

     "Hey son," my dad greeted.  "Hey dad. What do ya need?" I replied getting straight to the point.  Honestly,  I was tired and excited for tomorrow to get here. Especially since tomorrow could be the only date I can take her on for a while. Ever since I met her, I have been slacking in my duties and my beta and gamma can't keep it together for long.

     "Okay son, well, your mother and I have something important to share with you.  But you seem tired so it can wait for tomorrow morning." He said looking at me knowingly.  I told him about the threats that are hovering over Katie so he knows what I have been doing.  "Actually dad, can we talk tomorrow night because I have a date with Katie." "Of course son. I understand completely.  And don't worry, Katie will be perfectly alright. Nothing will happen to her."

     "Thanks dad." "Anytime Cashton." After that was finishes I treaded upstairs to my room before taking a quick shower. After that I sat at my desk and sorted through about 10 of my fighters files before I had to crash. I could just do them later anyways. I slept light that night, on high alert in case someone phoned me with news about the rogues.

     The next morning I went for a run to clear my head. After I ran. I sat in my office going through more files until the time came when I had to pick up Katie. I got dressed, went into the kitchen to retrieve the lunch basket my mom made, then I went out, got in my car and started the hour long drive to Katie's house. The drive slow and torturous.

     When I arrived,  I saw Katie sitting on the porch just staring off into the distance.  I pullee up and got out, immediately pulling her into my arms, happy that she was safe and here in my arms. After confirming she was ready to go. I opened the door for her as she climbed in. I told her we had about an hours drive and she looked from the radio to me, silently asking if it was okay. "Sure, go ahead. My radio is your radio kitten." I said smirking at the blush on her cut cheeks.

     She flipped throught the stations before settling on a country station, which was my all time favorite.  I was so happy that we had so much in common. So far, the only things that we didn't have in common is that I loved sports, and she adored books and drawing.  Thinking about that had me think about the picture I bought from her. I might have spent a little to much money, but she deserved it. Rebecca was right,  she is super talented and she puts the prices on her pieces way to low. Speaking of, as soon as my mom saw the picture she immediately took from me before rushing out of the house.

     My family and I waited for about 2 hours before she finally came back with the picture in a gorgeous frame. That night, she followed me home before barging straight into my house and hanging the picture on the wall above my fireplace. 

     We arrived at our destination so I pulled over, got out grabbing my mates hand before going into the woods. We walked for about ten minutes,  her stumbling a little but my strong grip allowed her to stay upright. We made it to the little waterfall and she helped me set everything up. After we finished, we go our food onto plates and I took out the notebook and pen O asked mom to pack to pack.