Chapter One

A sigh escaped my lips as I sat in my room. I was bored. No bad guys had popped up for quite a while, all my Prince dutys were done, and my room was clean. There was nothing to do. I groaned and rolled over on my king sized bed, nuzzling my royal red comforter and bright white pillows.

A knock sounded at my door, making me jump up joyously. "You may enter!" I call.

From the big double doors came in my Assistant, and personal Guard. Logan. Logan's dark brown hair was slicked out of his face, and a pair of glasses on his nose, framing his deep brown eyes. His skin was a soft white and a few freckles decorating his nose and cheeks. He wore a dark blue tail coat over a black shirt and blue tie. His pants were brilliant white, and black boots shielded his feet. Logan was my best friend, and he had the habit of being my impulse control for when I got out of hand.

He tucked a book into his tail coat and nodded to me. "Roman, a villager has reported their daughter is missing. Looking into it, witnesses said they saw her head towards the dark forest. I presume you want to look into it personally."

"I certainly do!" I exclaim and jump up, ready to run to my horse.

"Roman, are you planning to leave in your pajamas?"

I stop and look down. I was dressed in white pajamas with red crowns on the pants. Blushing in embarrassment, I run to my wardrobe and grab my clothes. Red dress pants, black boots, and a white 'prince' shirt with gold accent and a red sash. After I change I go to the mirror and comb back my blonde/brown hair and put some eye drops in my bluish brown eyes, simply to wet them. Grinning at myself, I go back to Logan. "Okay, now lets go!"

Logan sighed and rolled his eyes, but I didn't miss the smallest of smiles that played on his lips.

We walked down to the stables, stopping for me to grab my trusted katana before we actually made it to the stables. I saddled up my striking white stead, Would Prince have anything less?, whom I named Sterling. I patted Sterling on the side and climbed up onto his back. With a glance at Logan, and his black and white mare Echo, we rode off towards the dark forest.

Stories say that the dark forest is full of creatures that feast on humans. Dragon Witches capture princesses and take them to the dark forest to keep them locked up. There's even legends that a Lord that lives in the Dark Forest, forcing the creatures to do his bidding. I never went to the dark forest before, as brave as I am I wouldn't go there without reason.

"How far are we now?" I call to Logan as we galloped down the meadow.

"Calculated from where we are, I say half a mile." Logan called over, gripping the reins.

"Got it." I nod and tapping Sterling on the flank with my heal.

As Logan predicted we reached the edge of the dark forest after a half mile. Once at the edge of the forest we stopped, looking into the forest.

As the name implied, the forest was dark. The trees were tall, baren of leaves. Thorns scattered all over the ground, and weaved, seemingly, all around the forest were thistles. Keeping people out, or keeping the creatures in I wouldn't know.

"So, how do we get in?" I asked, glancing at Logan as I dismounted my horse.

Logan sighed and also got down. "May I suggest," he grabbed his sword and slashed at the thorny barrier.

"You are a genius Logan." I grin and help cut a big enough path to enter. Once a path was cleared we re-mounted and walked slowly into the forest.

"If the barrier was up, how did a little girl get in?" Logan asked, sword drawn and voice low.

"That is suspicious." I nod. My katana was also drawn, angled in my hand to wield against any enemy's, be it the chance presented itself. "Maybe the witness was mistaken?"

"That is a possibility, but we should still make sure." Logan agreed quietly.

A scream echoed through the quiet forest. Without much thought, both Logan and I ran our horses towards the scream. We weaved around the growing plant life and broke into a small meadow, trees surrounding in a perfect circle. The grass was a dark green, with small purple flowers growing and glowing fireflies drifting around even though it was daylight.

A man in commoners clothing was cowering, glasses on his fear stricken face. I didn't get too good a look at him because standing in front of him was another man. My instincts told me he wasn't to be trusted. He was pale and fair as snow, except for under his lid which had a black powder, his hair more purple than a plum, and his eyes, as pretty as they were, were a glowing violet. On his head was a crown of twigs, tied together with grass. His clothes consisted of torn black slacks, a black button shirt with a black vest over it and a long cloak. There were patches of purple fabric sown in with thick white thread.

Both men looked at us, the one with glowing eyes frowning at us with distaste.

"Logan protect the villager while I slay this villain!" I command as I dismount Sterling. Without a second thought I ran towards the man, sword raised and ready to shed blood.

******************
A/N So, what did You think? I've been working on this a while and I think its a step up from the Klance FanFiction I'm writing. I love feedback, and constructive criticism if you're willing to give it so um...yeah. Bye!