Chapter Twenty-Nine

Warning: Violence, mention of blood, mention of death, and lack of consent.

Sharp pants left my mouth as I reached another room. "Are you serious?" I growled out, exasperated. 

I shoved open the door, greeted by sharp green eyes. Standing in the room was a large white dragon. It had sharp black claws, and grey spines going down it's back. With a roar, it slashed at me with it's sharp as barbs tail. 

I jumped out of the way, and jumped, bringing my sword down on it's head. The dragon groaned in pain, but shook me to the side. I fell down, falling to the floor. When it slashed at me, I swiped at the claw, causing blood to gush.

We continued to fight, though I was winning. I must admit, it was amazing. No matter how many times I attacked, and it fell, it stood back up, with searing determination in its eyes. But no, I couldn't appreciate their fighting spirit. They were the villain!

"Villain..." I halted, and crouched behind a fallen chunk of wall. "I called Virgil a villain, but I was wrong, so...am I wrong here too?" I muttered, leaning over the chunk of wall to look at the white Dragon.

It was battered, bleeding in multiple places, but their eyes, they were blazing. Blazing with determination, and protection. I looked around more, my eyes widening. In the far corner was a large nest, where two eggs rested. They-She was guarding her nest. 

Slowly, I walked out of hiding. I tossed my sword to the side and bowed before the great creature. "Forgive me." I said loudly, bowing my head in shame. "Just because you look scary, I assumed you were evil. But I was wrong. I don't want to fight you, but someone that I love lies behind those doors." I met her eyes. "Please, I want to protect them."

The dragon dipped her head, blinking softly before walking back over to her nest, where she laid among her eggs.

"Thank you!" I sighed in relief before grabbing my sword before running across the room.

I pushed the doors open, and scanned the room. It was lavish to say the least, like it house the fairest of gems. It was dark, with silky purple drapery, with gold chains and gems. There was a large canopy bed with sheer purple curtains. Carefully, I rounded the bed, and peered into the sheer curtain. 

"Virgil..." I gasped, tears falling from my eyes. He was so pale, his eyes closed while he laid among the cushy bedding. I dropped my sword, and cupped his pale face.

I pulled away, and quickly removing the restraints that were on his hands and legs. I knelt beside the bed and pushed my tears away before leaning down. Slowly, I pressed my lips to his, my tears falling on his cheeks.

I pulled away, twining my finger's with his. "I-"

"I guess consent isn't really a concern, aye Princey?" A bored, annoying, blunt, pain in the butt, amazingly perfect voice drawled, forcing me to look up. 

New tears filled my eyes before I pulled him to my chest. "Not for me, when it comes to you Mr. Doom and Gloom." I whispered.

"Dummy." He snorted, cupping my cheeks before kissing me.

I fell into the kiss, melting as I pulled him closer.

"My my, isn't this a pretty sight?" A deep voice scoffed, snapping us out of our loving daze. Out from the corner stepped out the snake faced man from before, a sneer was plastered on his face.

TO BE CONTINUED......