Chapter Twenty-Eight

Warning: Heavy violence, bullying(?), And spiritual death(?)

Roman and I  walked into another room. I was anxious, having to leave Logan back, but I had faith he would make it. 

"Doesn't seem to be any one here." Roman mused, dashing towards the door.

"Wait! Roman!" I yelled, but the door slammed shut. I ran to the door. "Roman go on ahead! I'll be fine!" I yelled.

"Are you sure?" He asked back.

"Yes. Just go!" I demanded, turning around to see...Virgil? No. This person's eyes were red, not purple like Virgil's. But they did look like Virgil, almost exactly

"Heh, I can't believe you thought we were friends." This person spat, using Virgil's voice.

It hurt. "Wh-What?" I asked, walking towards them. "Of course we're friends!"

"No we're not!" They spat. "You're so annoying! Leave me alone!" They slammed their fist into my stomach, sending me to the floor. 

My sword slid towards my hand. 'Not Virgil.' I reminded myself, fighting the tears that welled up.

"I should have let you die that day, with the Windigos!" They screamed, slamming their food into my back. 

"Ah!" I screamed out, slamming into the wall. 

"Honestly, I leave you for five minutes and you don't do anything?" Roman's voice scoffed.

I shakily look up. 'Virgil' was gone, but 'Roman' stood in his place, a sneer on his Princely features. 

"You're so weak! Maybe you should die, not like you're any use anyway!" He spat, picking me up by the throat. He threw me back to the floor.

A choked sob escaped my mouth. I was in pain, emotionally, and physical. But this wasn't Roman. I couldn't give up so early, but I didn't want to hurt anyone, even if they attacked me first.

"Please, stop." I asked, smiling at them.

Whatever it was seemed to freeze, but regained their mind as I stood up. I held my, probably broken, ribs and slowly started walking towards them. 'Roman' turned into Logan, drenched in blood and a hole in his chest. 

"Ridiculous! I can't believe you thought I loved you!" He spat, but didn't move. " Get away from me! You left me! Now look what happened! It's your fault!" 

I winced, forcing my smile to stay.  I could feel the blunt, warm tears sliding my cheeks, but ignored it. 'Logan" wrapped his hand around my throat. 

"Why won't you fight!" They screamed. "I'm mentally, and Physically torturing you, but you're not even fighting back! Why are you Smiling!" Their image flickered, shifting from Logan to something pale grey, but I couldn't make it out. All I saw was their own tears. "Please...make this easier! Stop smiling like that!"

I softened my smile and reached up weakly. Even as they squeezed, I wrapped my arms around their shoulders, pulling them into a weak. Slowly, they loosened their grip and we both fell. They were limp in my arms, allowing me to hug them. They hugged me back, sobbing into my chest.

"I'm sorry!" They sobbed. "I'm so so sorry!" Their image flickered away. In my arms was some kind of Slime being with pale grey colors. "H-He told me that I was a monster! That I would never be normal! All I wan't was friends, I just wanted somebody, anybody to love me!" They said through sobs.

"I'll be your friend." I offered, softly petting their slime hair. I was hugged tighter.

"Thank you." They whispered, pulling away. I watched in awe as the grey turned a vibrant, spring green before vanishing in a flash of light.

Sighing blissfully, I allowed my battered body to fall to the ground. Resting on the cool stone.

"Patton!" A out of breath, gasp sounded. Logan stood at the door, hand wrapped around his torso.

"Logan..." I grinned, pushing myself as best I could. He darted forward and hugged me tightly. "Love, it really conquers all." I whispered, pulling him into a kiss.

TO BE CONTINUED......

A/N So...Logan didn't die in the last chapter, he just closed his eyes to rest before he went to find the others. I felt bad because I think a few of you guys thought he was dead. Trust me, if a main character dies, I'll warn you.(it will literally say: major character death)