Chapter Twenty

What am I laying on? Its so warm, and comforting. Who's petting my hair? It feels nice.

My vision blurry as I peaked my eyes open. It was slightly bright, but the brunt of it was blocked out by someone. "Mmnn." I mewled when the person moved, and proceeded to hide my face in their white prince outfit. 'White? Prince? Roman!' I jumped away from him and fell back as a dizzy feeling set in.

"Careful." Roman chuckled. "How are you feeling?"

"Fine." I gulped, voice raw from sleep. "Sorry for sleeping."

"Don't apologize for sleeping. It looks like you needed it." Roman stood up and held out his hand. I eyed his hand suspiciously before taking it tentatively. "I was thinking-"

"Be careful not to hurt yourself." I muttered jokingly.

"Funny." Roman pouted, before grinning. He brought my hand up to his lips and kissed the knuckle. Eyes blown wide, I felt my face heat up. "Would you like to visit the town for the rest of the day?"

"B-But-" I pulled my hand back and looked around the forest. The scientists, knights, and Patton were studying the meadow.

"They already agreed you need a break, and the creatures, according to the Pixies, said they'll help protect the forest. So what do you say?" Roman grinned, his smile oddly calming.

"Won't the humans stare at me?" I asked, anxiously glancing at my wings.

"Don't you know a spell or something that can hide your wings?" Roman asked.

I shook my head. "I can probably fold them up under my clothes, as long as it isn't for too long though."

"I don't know why you wouldn't want to show them off though. They're beautiful." Roman's voice was so smooth, it was hard not to believe him. "Or do you just not want to go with me?" I looked up at him. He had a small frown, and his eyes were tangled in pain, and disappointed. Like someone drop kicked a Cerberus pup.

"N-No it's not-" I stammered, starting to panic.

"Great! Then lets go!" Roman grabbed my hand again and started pulling me towards the entrance. "Lets go to town, I'll give you the full tour!"

"You don't have-"Growl

Roman laughed loudly, causing me to blush again, and curse at my stomach. "Maybe we should get something to eat first! I thought a bear was here for a second."

"Shut up!" I whined, er growled. "I've been busy  the last few weeks! I haven't been able to eat weekly like everyone else!"

Roman turned around, eye brows furrowed as he looked at me. "You are suppose to eat everyday Virgil. How are you still alive?!"

"Fairies don't have to eat as much." I quickly lied. "Our magic gives us energy when we can't eat. Faries can eat everyday like humans, but can stay alive with a meal a week."

He gave me a look that showed he didn't believe me, but didn't say anything. "So you're okay Riding horses right?" He changed the subject.

"I've never rode one before." I scratched my injured arm, expecting him to laugh at me.

"Then you can ride with me. This, is Sterling." Roman grinned, motioning proudly towards a bright white stallion.

I ignored Roman and looked at the brilliant animal. "Very handsome." I murmured.

"Why thank you." Sterling rose his head, boasting. "I am tired of those stupid stablemen and women calling me pretty." He ranting, sounding quite like Roman.

"That would get annoying. I'm Virgil." I held my hand out, smiling smally when he pressed his nose into my palm.

"That I am aware of! Roman came to the stables every day to talk about you. Ridiculous really!" Sterling whinnied, pulling away. I blushed and glanced at a confused Roman. "I wish he would court you already. Its a bother listening to him groan!"

"Humans are different than animals and creatures." I reminded him, getting and nudge against my face.

"He seems to like you." Roman finally spoke. "Are you...able to speak to him?"

"Oh uh yes. I can understand him." I nodded. "He was just saying how hes called pretty and hates it is all. Lets go to town!"

"Okay!" Roman dropped the subject, and climbed onto Sterling's back and into the saddle.

I, on the other hand, pushed off the ground and sat behind Roman.

"Hold on tight." Roman smirked, turning the stallion sharp and fastly towards town.

"Ah!" I squeaked, wrapping my arm's tightly around him stomach in surprise. "Warn me next time!"

"I did Mr. Gloom!" Roman laughed over the wind that rushed past us.

"Jerk..." I muttered, face heating up before I nuzzled into his back muscles.

A/N After staying up late I was able to do the chapters, I did promise you guys will get two chapters, and you will, don't worry.