Chapter Eighteen

Warning: Breakdown(?), crying, vomit, angst, hurt, and comfort, and me dancing around Virgil's Past.

According too Logan, Roman had to do his Prince, meaning there would be no studying of the forest. But, it had only been a night and missed my best friend, so, I headed over too the forest. Immediately when I reached the forest, I was worried. The barrier wasn't up as usual, and storm clouds were over just the forest, making it look darker, and sad in a way.

"Virge?" I called, walking along the path he made, heading too the clearing.

When I reached the clearing, fear, and horror struck me. Virgil sat in the middle of the clearing. His lovely black wings fell limp behind him as he stared ahead. Standing around him, watching worriedly were many creatures. Noticing a Pixie I met the day before, Morning I think her name was. I walked towards her. "What happened?" I asked, looking at Virgil as he just stares.

"Nobody knows. Brother has just been staring at nothing since early morn." Morning whispered, gold eyes twinged with worry.

I wasn't sure what was wrong, but wouldn't know if I didn't try. Slowly, I walked towards him, and sat down in front. His purple hair was shaggy, sticks poking out,and his skin was paler than usual, the dark powder he had under his eyes almost gone. What really worried me were his eyes. His big, beautiful purpley brown eyes that held such sarcasm, were dull. Misted over, and tinted with an emotionless grey. It was...terrifying.

"Vidgil." I whispered softly, pulling his pale, cold hand into my own warm ones.

"Pat-ton?" Virgil whispered, voice cracking. I nodded and started rubbing circles over the backs of his hands. Tears welled up in his eyes before spilling. "I don-don't want- thought I es-escaped." His cries broke into sobs before he collapsed into my arms.

I'd never seen Virgil cry, not once. It was so horrible, holding his shaking form as he sobbed out his pent up emotions. I rubbed his back as he cried, clutching him close. I didn't know what he was sating, but I didn't care.

"Got-got away, found me, don't-don't want to!" I choked out, curling into my stomach. "I'm sorry I'm sorry sorry!"

My heart shattered listening to his terrified words. "Shh. I'm here Virge, I'm here." I promised forcing my voice calm. His body started to jerk, I let him pull away.

-Vomit Warning-

He lurched forward, thin, short body shaking as his sobs made him puke. I flinched as the acid yellow poured out of his stomach, sobs still raking his body. I flinched, seeing there was no food, just liquid being puked out.

-End-

When he finished, Virgil sucked in breath. "P-Patton..." he hiccuped, giving me a heart breaking look. "I might have to go away soon. If I leave, will we still be friends?" He took in a sob raked breath.

"Virgil, we'll always be friends, no matter how far you go!" I bit out, clenching my fists. "We're not just friend, You're my brother!"

He gave a weak, but real smile before collapsing into my arms again. He cried softly against me before exhaustion seemed to take over and he fell asleep. I moved him so his head rested on my lap, and wrapped his wings around him. Once situated I played with his purple locks. "I'll protect you Virgil. I promise." I whispered too him, unacknowledged by the unconscious male.

'No One, hurts my brother and lives to tell about it. No One.' I thought, glaring at nothing.