Chapter Eight

How dare he?! Making me say such a thing about that beast! And what did he mean 'I'll be sure to tell her.'? Is he friend's with the horrid beast?! He really is a Villain then!

I was pulled out my thoughts by Patton asking to go go the garden. I walk up beside Anxiety and glared with crossed arms, and a frown. He looked at me with a small frown pulling at his lips.

"I don't like you." I declared with a small huff.

"That's fair. I don't like me much either." Anxiety said bluntly and walked away.

I stared after him in surprise. I didn't know what he meant by that, but such a self hatred statement made me uncomfortable. I shook the thoughts from my head. I was probably over thinking it and being dramatic.

"Roman." I looked up and saw them waiting for me. Logan was the one that spoke. He pushed up his glasses and motioned for me.

"Right! Onward!" I declared and ran up. Patton was walking beside Logan do I hung back. Logan was possibly my only friend. Being a Prince I had to watch who I familiarized myself with. He was blunt, and didn't show much emotion, but I knew he cared about me and the kingdom, though it seemed he was growing fond of the baker. I was a master of romance. I could tell.

"Your friend, seems he likes Patton." Anxiety spoke up, suddenly beside me.

"Oh my God!" I shrieked, I mean exclaimed, and jumped away from him. "Don't do that!"

"What?" He raised a brow, his dark eyes sparkling in confusion. "I just spoke- *sigh* Whatever. What is he like? He seems decent enough."

"He is." I responded. "He's cold, smart, and a pain in the butt. But, I prefer him like that. Not that a villain like you would understand."

"No. I do." Anxiety said. I glanced at him. His deep eyes were staring at the two glasses wearing clowns in front of us. "Patton is loud, and hyper and he's too kind for his own good. But I don't want him to change."

"Wh-Whatever you say you Emo Nightmare." I scoffed and stormed ahead. I couldn't stand it. His face had been so soft, and peaceful as he talked about his friend. He was supposed to be the villain, then why did he look so lovely? And talk so sweetly? Was I being bewitched?! That had to be it. Right?

"So beautiful!" Patton's gasp once again stole me from my thoughts.

We entered the garden, and Patton was right. Our royal garden was beautiful. It was huge with flowers and plants from all over the world. Rows of plants led the way to the center, where tea tables, benches, and finally a beautiful fountain with sparkling water.

A ruffling sound came from behind me. I glanced back. Anxiety's wings were twitching. Anxiety was looking around, somewhat fitfully.

I elbowed Patton to get his attention. "What's his problem?" I questioned.

"Hmm oh," Patton giggled softly. "He really wants to fly, he's just to Anxious to ask."

"I-I-" I groaned over my words and walked over to him. "You may fly if you wish." I said with my usual Princely finesse.

Anxiety looked at me in shock before smirking. Could he even smile? "Thanks Princey!" He spread his wings and in a split second he was in the air.

"Whoa." I blinked in surprise and watched him. His black wings were flapping and gliding with such grace. I could have been mistaken, but he was smiling. It was "Beautiful." I whispered.

"Yeah." Patton purred and Logan nodded in agreement.

I felt a blush creep up my neck, flushing my cheeks. "H-His wings of course!" I clarify.

"I'm sure if you asked he'd let you pet them." Patton jumped. "Logan lets go look at the flowers!" Before Logan could respond he was dragged away by the hand, a flush on his cheeks.

I chuckled and looked up, watching Anxiety fly around. Watching him fly relaxed me for some reason. His flying was beautiful, like a dance. Maybe it wasn't just his flying, but Anxiety that was beautiful too.