The Uzumaki Twins

Twelve years ago, a nine-tailed fox suddenly appeared. It's tails lashed out, smashing mountains, and sending tidal waves crashing to the shores.

The ninja rose up to defend their villages.

One shinobi faced the nine-tailed fox in mortal combat. He sacrificed his life to capture the beast, split it's spirit into two, and seal it into two human bodies.

This ninja is known as the 4th Hokage.

The set of twins both blissfully unaware what was happening to them, and how their lives would be forever affected.

••Akari••

I was sitting at my desk just silently tapping my fingers on my desk. Naruto still wasn't here. I knew that meant he went through with the prank, although I told him multiple times to just leave this one alone. He was such a stubborn idiot sometimes I swear.

"Hey, Akari, why do you look so on edge?" I glanced over and saw my friend Shikamaru Nara staring at me with a raised eyebrow. I motioned around the room and he glanced around really quick before catching onto what I was getting at, "What'd he do now?"

Before I could even answer Iruka Sensei entered the room, with a tied up Naruto, struggling to get loose, slung over his shoulder. I facepalmed at the sight and ignored everyone's laughter as they watched him. Naruto looked at me and smiled and I just kept glaring back at him. Would he ever stop with this stuff?

"You missed it Akari! They almost didn't catch me this time!" Naruto called out to me and my glare quickly turned into a small smile.

"You should know by now Iruka Sensei always will." I laughed back at my brother, and he just slightly smiled at me. Iruka Sensei took him to the front of the class and began lecturing him on what he was doing. Then it ended with the punishment that all of us had to review the transformation jutsu since Naruto missed it.

We all lined up against the front desk. I was behind Ino and Shikamaru. I watched intently as Sasuke stepped up to perform it. Of course he was flawless at it, there was no doubt there.

"This is a waste of time Naruto." Shikamaru sighed staring at my twin. The two didn't exactly get along, in fact Naruto didn't get along with anyone. I earned everyone's respect, well most of everyone, but Naruto just didn't care what anyone thought. I envied him for that, but he had to grow a hard shell over the years thanks to everyone in the village despising us. Naruto became like this to protect me.

"Yeah we're always paying for your screw ups." Ino snapped, and out of instinct I grabbed her ponytail, roughly I might add. She let out a whimper and then looked back at me with the usual look of disgust in her eyes.

"Hmph, like I care." Naruto grumbled and walked up. When he walked up and did it though, I could of killed him. Naruto used that damn sexy jutsu again. Iruka Sensei's nose started to bleed and I started to lunge at my brother. Shikamaru and Kiba Inuzuka both had to run up and grab me before I choked Naruto.

"YOU IDIOT WHEN YOU TURN INTO A GIRL YOU LOOK LIKE ME!" I screeched at my brother, trying to get loose from the hold the two boys had on me.

"Oh please no one thinks you look like that, you're as flat as a wall!" Kiba grunted as I was still wiggling around trying to get my arm loose. It was in that moment that Shikamaru let go of other arm and I slowly turned around to face my classmate. Kiba's face instantly went pale and I lunged at him. I tackled him to the ground and I was about to punch him when Iruka Sensei grabbed me off of him.