A Twin Bond pt 1

-Akari-

I couldn't explain why but ever since Naruto left on his mission to guard the bridge builder, I had felt off. They had been gone for a few days now, and it seemed as if ever since the other night my chakra was slowly draining out. The weirdest part was I hadn't been using much chakra. All of our missions have been D rank so far, and they were all simple things. We had even babysat yesterday, which was funny to say the least, the kids only wanted Kiba and Akamaru so they had to do the most work. Still I couldn't shake this feeling that there was something wrong with me, but I couldn't tell what it was.

"Akari! Hey!" I heard Kiba's voice and turned around to face my teammate running to catch up with me.

"Hey Kiba." I greeted once he got closer to me, and then grabbed Akamaru from his jacket and held the puppy close to my chest. He started licking my cheeks causing me to giggle.

"Still can't believe he willingly leaves me for you, I have to say Akamaru, I am hurt." Kiba dramatically held his hand over his chest earning a small yip from his pup, and an eye roll from me.

"Here drama queen." I handed Akamaru back to his owner.

"You feeling okay? You look weird." I could feel Kiba staring at me so I met his gaze, I knew if I told him the truth he would freak out and tell Kurenai and I couldn't be benched right now. I had to keep getting stronger.

"Yeah I'm fine!" I forced a fake smile onto my face, and although he didn't look completely convinced, Kiba just nodded in agreement.

Hinata and I stood apart from each other, and then began the light sparring between us. Hinata was definitely getting a lot more confident and stronger with all of us, especially me. We taught each other a lot of moves, and we were bonding over this. She was as determined as I was, and it was nice to finally have a girl to talk to. I blocked Hinata's kick, and then brought my own leg up at a speed that wouldn't cause too much damage, and she blocked that.

When we both flipped away from each other though, something in me snapped.

I looked down and saw a bloody, motionless Sasuke laying in front of me.

I could feel my anger boiling up inside of me getting ready to rip out.

I looked around and saw I was surrounded by mirrors, then I looked into one, it was me no doubt but I looked drastically different. My two canine teeth had become sharper, and drastically longer. My nails had turned into claws My eyes were red with two black slits where the pupils once were. The whisker marks on my cheeks had multiplied. What was the most different about me though? My hair was red? It was sticking out every which way like Kurenai's but it was red.

"Akari! Stop!" I heard Kiba's yell, and I noticed I was standing above a frightened looking Hinata, and Kurenai was struggling to hold me back. I looked down at my hands and the claws were still out but slowly growing back down. The tips of my hair slowly faded from blonde to red.

"Kurenai... what's.. what's happening to me?" I could feel my body slowly slip away and become limp. What was wrong with me? What kind of monster did I just become?

—Kurenai POV—

I sat next to the young kunoichi's bed and continued brushing out her hair. It had been a week since the outburst in the field, and yet she still wasn't waking up. Whatever happened to her out there, caused her to use a lot of chakra. This girl was special, there was no doubt about it, even with that thing sealed inside of her.