After Shock

I had been sitting here for a few hours, Sakura and Ino were both brought in. I laughed a little bit at the fact that Ino had cut all of her hair off like Sakura had. The fact they both knocked one another out was also funny to me for some reason... Then they brought an unconscious Tenten into the room, and I froze. So she was the one who had to go two rounds in these damn things. I wonder who she fought.. A little bit after they brought Tenten in, Kiba was escorted in too holding his noise and an injured Akamaru. I jumped up out of my bed despite the looks from the medical ninja and pushed passed them.

"Kiba, what happened to you?" I looked at him and then at Akamaru. Kiba stared at me and then growled a little bit.

"Your brother got lucky that's what happened!" Wait, Naruto beat Kiba? Kiba was so much faster than Naruto, and was actually stronger than him too especially with Akamaru on his team. Yet both of them were injured.

"How did he beat you guys?" Even Naruto was getting stronger, meanwhile it was like I was getting weaker every single day. It was like I was becoming the running joke like Naruto used to be. Every time he proved his strength, meanwhile all I could do was fall apart. I was turning into a girl like Sakura.. No offense to her but she, she fell apart almost all the time. Even she, in the Forest of Death, showed so much strength and improvement when it came to protecting her teammates and that boy Lee.

"He, well he overwhelmed my senses and I am leaving it at that." Kiba crossed his arms and huffed, watching Akamaru who was waiting for Kiba's sister Hana to show up and heal him.

"Overwhelmed your senses?" I looked at his weird choice of words and he just shot a glare my way so I threw my hands up in defense not wanting to pick a fight with him right now.

"Bet you're wondering about your pal Sasuke's fight, he beat the dude, but looked he was the one who got his ass handed to him once it was over." Kiba smirked, and I just rolled my eyes.

"At least he won Kiba, where is he now?" I wondered seeing as he wasn't here with any of us, if he looked that bad you would think they would bring him here.

"I dunno, that dude Kakashi took him." Kiba mumbled, still watching Akamaru intently. I wonder if had anything to do with that weird mark on his neck..

"Oh, and Tenten who did she fight? What about Shino or Hinata?"

"That girl with the buns? She fought the girl with the four buns, and let me just say those sand ninja are just brutal, she threw her like she was trash once the fight was done, if it wasn't for that Lee guy, she would of landed on her own weapons," Kiba sighed, "Shino won his match, everyone was worried about him but honestly he's the last dude I would want to go up against it's always the silent types."

I chuckled at his comment. Shino was a weird dude, there was no mistaking that, but he was strong. Those bugs of him made him that much stronger too.

"Hinata?" I questioned, he didn't mention that.

"I asked her to drop out if she had to go again Gaara or Neji." Kiba looked at me worriedly, but I gave him an angry look.

"Do you not believe in your own teammate?" I snapped and he quickly shook his head.

"No I believe in Hinata, but you weren't with us when we came across Gaara in the forest, he killed three people like it was nothing Kari." Kiba shuddered at the thought, "And you remember what Hinata told us when we asked why she didn't have a relationship with Neji, because he can't stand her or her family, he wouldn't hold back on her, she just isn't ready for that yet Akari."

I thought about it for a second, and then realized he was right. Hinata was tough, but not tough enough for either of them.

"What about you Kari? Are you okay?" Kiba looked at me worriedly and I just stared at him for a second. How could I tell him I was okay when I was questioning and doubting everything about myself? I fell apart out there, in front of everyone. I would surely be a joke now. If anyone else noticed what was happening to me, people will be scared of me. I wanted to reassure him, I wanted to tell him I was alright but I couldn't. I couldn't lie to him.

I was going to reply when someone came busting through the door. They were all yelling, every single one of them. I turned around and froze when I saw who was on that stretcher.. Hinata no.

"Hinata!" I yelled and both Kiba and I tried getting closer to her, but Kurenai held out an arm refusing to let me through and pushed both of us back.

"Which one was it?" Kiba growled, staring at our comrade while they were all shouting commands on how to save her.. Hinata, she was dying.

"Neji Hyūga." Kurenai confirmed, "If we wouldn't of stopped him, he, he would of killed her."

Both Kiba and I tensed up. All of this family drama, it finally flooded over into their lives now.

"Kurenai-" Kiba started to talk but Kurenai held up a hand.

"She fought strong, you two would of been just as proud as I am, for now though Akari.. We need to talk, alone." Kurenai looked at me with a strict face and I nodded.

When we got out into the hallway I noticed that Iruka and Naruto were standing out there too. What was going on?

"Hey Naruto, congrats on beating Kiba." I smiled at my twin and he just sent a small smile back.

"The next one I beat to a bloody pulp is that Neji." Naruto growled, and I stared at him strangely.. Was he going to defend Hinata? Wait till she hears about this, she will faint.

"Naruto, don't avoid it." Iruka sighed, and I looked at them both like they were insane. Avoid what?

"Huh? What's going on you guys?" I looked at everyone who was staring at me, they all looked timid, but Naruto he looked panicked.

"If you won't tell her I have to Naruto, she can't go on not knowing." Kurenai sighed, staring at my brother who was looking everywhere but at me. He still didn't speak a word.

"Alright, fine, I guess it's my job to," Kurenai looked at me and let out another sigh clearly she was stressed out about something, "Akari, the reason you have those outbursts, the reason you turn into that thing, it's because-"

"Because the nine tails was split and two and sealed in both of us." Naruto interrupted Kurenai. I stared at them both, just waiting for someone to tell me the punchline to the joke. It never came though. They, they knew this. Naruto knew this. Why was I the last one to find out? Why didn't they tell us together?

"What, wait, you mean.. I have a piece of that thing that destroyed the village sealed in me?" I mumbled and then looked up at Naruto, "How long have you known?"

"Since.. Since the night I told you about, with Iruka sensei and Mizuki." I clenched my fists, and my jaw. That long, he's known that long?

"Why didn't you tell me?" I growled and he stuttered a little bit, "Spit it out Naruto, why, didn't, you, tell, me?"

"I wanted to protect you from it, wait until you were ready."

"I don't need you to protect me anymore Naruto!" I yelled, I had yelled at Naruto multiple times before but this, this was different. This was pure anger.

"That's funny, coming from the girl who was just screaming and crying in front of everybody! I don't know why you don't just drop out completely on becoming a ninja after that mess!" Naruto snapped, and I stared at him in shock. As soon as the words left his mouth he regretted them. I knew he did, but that didn't make them sting any less. I couldn't find any words to say to him so I just bit the inside of my cheek before looking at Kurenai.

"Kurenai-sensei, I know it crosses some lines, but would you mind me staying with you at your home for awhile?" I asked flatly and she looked at me with a sad look before shaking her head.

"I wouldn't mind at all Akari."

"Thank you, now if you will all excuse me, I am going back to sitting with Kiba."

I turned my back on my brother and walked away from him. If he didn't want to believe in me, fine. That just gave me all more motivation to prove him wrong. To prove all of them wrong.