Chunin Exam: Orochimaru's Gift

-Akari-

I slowly woke up, I looked over and saw that Naruto was still passed out. Well he looked peaceful. Then there was Sasuke, he was incapacitated too. That's when I finally focused in on the scene, the guy from Neji's team he was beat to a bloody pulp by those freaks from the sound village. I growled and took off up there. It was shocking to me that I was able to react as quickly as I did. Just as I did Sakura cut her hair, and I stared in shock at the pinkette. Did that really happen?

"Akari glad to see you are up, you ready to take these guys?" Sakura looked at me and I nodded, tightening my pigtails. 

"Are these the freaks that hurt Sasuke and my brother?" I growled.

"No, but they work for him." Sakura answered my question and I nodded. That was all I needed to know. I took off after the dude that didn't have his face wrapped like a mummy and didn't crouch down like a freak. I used the shadow clone jutsu and avoided his attack. He was shocked to see me coming back at him in my actual form. I tackled him to the ground but he flipped us over and punched me a few times before finally throwing me off of him and to the side. It was Sakura's turn now. That's when I finally caught sense of their chakra, I looked over and saw Team 10 staring from the sidelines. When I made eye contact with Shikamaru, and he saw the blood running down my face he looked at Ino before nodding to her. 

The two of them jumped out in front of me and Sakura, I crawled over to her to make sure she was okay. Sakura took a lot of punches from that dude too, a lot more than me. We crouched next to each other and watched the three teammates stare at the sound ninja.

"Hey, Kari you okay?" I heard Ino ask and I smiled at her use of the nickname, she had been around Shikamaru a lot lately and from the sounds of it he still referred to me as that. 

Flashback (i had to do a backstory of her and shikamaru okay)

I was sitting on the ground next to the tree watching my brother get along with the other boys our age. It was good that he was making friends. I on the other hand could not get along with the girls at all, in fact most of them just made fun of me. So I usually just sat back and left everyone alone during our free time. 

"Shouldn't you be off braiding your hair or something?" I heard a voice say and turned around to see the boy Shikamaru standing behind me, I just shook my head.

"No, I don't do that." I shrugged and went back to watching my brother, "Shouldn't you be playing ninja with all of them?" 

"Eh, sounds like a drag today." Shikamaru sighed and sat down next to me, he kept staring at me with weird eyes, so finally I looked back at him. 

"What?"

"You're weird, all the other girls are standing over there waiting for Sasuke to notice them, and you're sitting in the shadows alone, just watching your brother?" 

"Well, I don't want Sasuke to notice me, and I like being alone." I snapped and looked at him. Shikamaru just nodded, then laid back on the ground.

"Me too, tell you what, we sit here everyday and don't talk to one another, we can just be alone together."

"Sounds like a deal, I am Akari by the way." I laid back and looked up at the tree branches with him.