Yin and Yang

•Akari•

•Akari•

I woke up and I was instantly pulled up into a hug. I looked over to see Naruto holding me tightly. I smiled slightly at my brother, then remembered everything that had been playing over and over again in my head. My parents, my father he was the Fourth Hokage. They died right in front of us. I had to see that over and over again.

"Kari, you're up." I heard Kiba speak and I lifted my head up to shoot him a forced smile. All three of my teammates stood in the room, with Kurenai smiling behind them.

"Tenten said she would come see you soon, she was visiting with Lee." Kurenai spoke and I just nodded my head. Everyone stared at me worriedly for a minute before finally Naruto broke the silence.

"I have to go meet up with Iruka Sensei, I will come back and see you soon Akari."

-//-//-

I had been out of the hospital for a little bit now and I was slowly getting back to normal. Lady Tsunade decided that Team 8's job was to stay around the village and keep making the necessary repairs. We were sent out on small missions each day, helping people repair their businesses, repairing homes. I knew she could tell something was off with me, in fact she pushed at it every so often, everyone was pushing at it. I hadn't been able to even face Sasuke after finding out our past with one another. I had promised him we could meet up today though. So I pulled my self together before my mission for the day and walked to our meeting spot. The sun wasn't even up yet, that's how early he told Naruto to tell me.

"You're late." I heard his voice and I tensed up and turned around to see him leaning up against the same tree.

"Well, it's ridiculously early Sasuke, of course I am late." I mumbled and crossed my arms. We really hadn't talked since the kiss, so I was no where near sure where we stood with one another. I also wasn't sure if Itachi had given him his memories back. Sasuke walked towards me with his hands stuffed in his pockets, his face still as emotionless as ever.

"Are you avoiding me?" He mumbled kicking his feet against the grass.

"What? No no of course not, wait a second are you worried that I am?" I giggled and Sasuke's cheeks reddened.

"Of course not, why would you think that?" He looked at me with blank eyes, and I just smiled at him.

"Sasuke, after seeing Itachi, I have to ask you something.."

"I remember it all Akari, you don't have to ask me anything, all of it came back to me after Lady Tsunade woke me up, you were my best friend." Sasuke sighed, and all of the sudden I was pulled into a tight hug I was a little shocked by the action, but soon enough hugged him back.

"Sasuke, I am so sorry that I forgot." I mumbled into his shirt and I felt him shake his head.

"It wasn't your fault Akari, it was his." Sasuke basically spit the word his and I flinched a little bit then pulled away from the hug and looked at him. I placed a hand on his cheek, finally understanding why he had always been so cold to everyone, so shut off from everyone.