19.

"You can't avoid the big man forever you know," Jake said yawning and stretching his body with his arms over his head. "I mean if you stay in my room any longer Eb, vampires are going to start talking." Jake got down on the floor and started doing sit-ups really fast.

"I don't care, let them." I sat on his bed and reached my arms over my head to stretch my sore body as well.

"I normally do." He smiled at me. "Are you planning on sleeping here, again?" Jake said bouncing up onto his feet and punching the air with his clenched fists.

"Probably, it's not like Carter is waiting for me," I said pouting my lips.

"Oh, I see how it is!" Jake took off his shirt and threw it on the ground very dramatically. "So that's all I am to you? A side piece." He put his hands on his hips and stood there in just his grey sweats and a smile. "Just a piece of cold meat until big man is ready."

"Stop it." I tried not to laugh. "You know it's not that."

"It could be." He said in a deep voice and flashed a wicked smile that made me swoon a little. He raised an eyebrow slowly as he noticed my reaction to him. "Yeah, that's right. I can do that too." He said proudly. "I see you."

I threw a pillow at him that he caught straight away and threw right back at my face. "You are such an idiot." I laughed as he jumped onto the bed beside me. "Do you think we did the wrong thing bringing them back?" I said sighing loudly.

"No." He said straight away.

"I don't either. I mean if any of us were stuck there he would have done the same. Grumpy bastard. Stubborn idiot."

"Oh, I like this game. My turn I'll call him a...."

"You will call me a what, Jacob?" We both froze at the sound of Carter's voice.

"Oh shit, we have been caught," Jake whispered moving a little further away from me on the bed. "Hey, there best boss man in the entire universe. How's it hanging?" He sat on the end of the bed and crossed his leg's casually as he turned to see Carter standing at the door. "We were just talking about how much we..."

"Fuck off, Jacob," Carter said cutting him off.

"It's my room." Jake protested.

"Jacob, I swear if I have to come over there boy, I will..."

"Ok, I'm going." Jake rolled his eyes and grabbed his pillows off the bed. "I'm taking these. I don't want any of your make-up fluids to touch my pillows." He stood up in a huff and stormed towards the door. "Wait, I'm taking this too." He picked up an old video camera on his nightstand. "You don't need to see what's on here." He said slinking away. "Yo, Henry! I'm bunking with you big boy. You lucky dog." Carter slammed the door closed behind him and rubbed his temples as he sighed loudly.

"He is going to be the death of me," Carter said shaking his head.

I stubbornly crossed my arms over my chest and looked away from him.

"You are still mad I see," Carter said still standing at the door.

I shrugged and turned my body away from him.

"I'm not apologising for what I said, Ebony. It was stupid to risk what you did. You were safe here in this world without the darkness. It had no way of escaping or hurting anyone else." He said quite abruptly. "You and those idiots out there put everyone at risk."

I turned to say something to him but stopped myself and instantly turned back away from him.

"You are acting like a child," Carter said impatiently.