34.

"Talk," I said impatiently as I raised my eyebrow at Penelope.

"That's no way to speak to a lady." Penelope snapped at me and pouted.

"Then show us a lady," Callan mumbled under his breath. I tried hard to show no amusement but I failed. Penelope scowled at me and crossed her arms over her ample chest.

"I apologise, P." I smiled at her. "Please, continue without further interruption."

She glared at Callan before continuing. "As I was going to say." She rolled her purple eyes. "I may have heard a thing or two about the darkness and this Ebony but they are just stories, daddy. They couldn't be true." She touched her red lips with her fingertips gently as her eyes trailed over my body.

"Penelope, please. I just need to hear what you have heard." I was becoming impatient with her flirting.

"You remember that time in Mexico, you animal?" She giggled and reached her finger out to me slowly. "I almost got a concussion from that bed..."

"Stop," Callan begged from behind me. "Am I the only Morgan in this family that doesn't overshare about my sex life?"

"What sex life?" Jacob scoffed. "My right-hand gets more action than you."

"Nothing gets more action than your right hand." Callan snapped back at him.

"Exactly." Jacob smiled proudly and winked at Henry knowing that it was making him uncomfortable.

"I...I don't know what you are referring to." Henry stuttered blushing slightly at Jacob.

"Yes, you do." Jacob smiled.

"Knock it off Jacob," I growled. "Penny, I apologise for their behaviour."

"It's ok. I don't mind talking about pleasure with these handsome vampires." She purred at Jacob.

"You could be my right hand," Jacob responded taking her hand in his. "I wouldn't mind sharing.."

"ENOUGH!" I bellowed so loudly Jacob almost fell back onto the floor. "Tell me about the stories."

Penelope rolled his eyes and sighed. "Fine. You don't need to be so grumpy, big man. I'll tell you everything I know about the darkness and what did you call it again?" She smiled at me innocently.

"It?" I snarled at her. "My wife's name is Ebony."

"Ebony. Mmmm, that's right. The very colour of the darkness itself. Ironic really." She laughed wickedly. "So, I heard a while back that there was a creature called the darkness that was summoned by a witch who was rejected by your ancestor. I hear he was unbelievable hot.." She licked her lips. "Big, broody vampire with massive.."

"Penny, please," I begged her. "Stay on topic."

"Sorry, your bloodline just gets me going." She pressed her lips together. "Ok, this creature was so powerful and some say unstoppable. It killed without any sign of remorse and collapsed worlds that stood in its path. It was feared by every creature in every realm and it became stronger with every single kill it made. It was summoned to kill your ancestor but it didn't, it couldn't." She brought Leon's hand up to her lips and kissed it softly. "For some reason, your kin could not be killed. Your ancestors fought it and almost won but that was your first mistake because that just pissed the darkness off. It became obsessed with killing your bloodline but it was too weak to defeat you now. It was one with your blood and if it fought your ancestors again, it would lose and surely die. So it had to come up with another plan of attack and boy was it a good one." She clapped her hands together and jumped up and down excitedly.