30.

CARTERS POV

We stood at the base of the protection border to the east of the coven, and I could tell the walls of the protection spell were becoming weak as I could see small cracks appearing making the border around us fragile and dangerously close to breaking. The darkness was above us taking over the night sky, and the possessed vampire army was gathering around the weakened wall as they frantically scratched and hit it to make it break.

"What is the plan here, brother?" Leon said, standing at my side.

"We wait for the witch's signal, and we fight," I said, looking at the dark sky above us. "We cannot defeat this without them." I sighed loudly.

"Can we actually do this? Can we survive the darkness again?" I could hear the fear in his voice as he looked up. "This thing nearly killed me last time."

"But it didn't." I cut him off. "And this time we know what we are dealing with. The darkness may be bigger than us, but I refuse to give up. I refuse to let this evil control our family any longer. It ends with us." I looked over at Callan, who was talking to Jacob and Henry. They were amping each other up and teasing the vampires on the other side of the wall by flipping them off and blowing kisses. "This world deserves more than we had growing up."

"You are a good father, Carter. Callan and Jacob are lucky to have you protecting them." Leon said, patting my back. "I'm lucky to have you. You never gave up on me when you have had every opportunity to kill me and the darkness."

"This is a fight we end together," I said, turning to him. "Ending the darkness is something we do together."

"It's an honor." He said, bowing his head slightly.

"The honor is all mine, brother." I nodded.

"Boss, look at this guy. He looks like that girl Callan hooked up within Prague  that one time." Jacob laughed as he pointed to a vampire missing an eye. "Old left eye." He cackled loudly. "She was literally missing one of her tits and you still fucked her."

"Screw you," Callan said, hitting Jacob's arm. "She was totally doable.."

"No, she wasn't," I muttered under my breath as the boys laughed. "Not even If she was the last girl on earth and Jacob was dead." I winked at Jacob just to fuck with him.

"Even your dad wouldn't Fuck her, that's saying something." Jacob cackled. "Wait, what did he say?" Jacob looked at me with complete fear in his eyes as he uncomfortably took a step back. "You got me, boss man! That's funny." He put on a fake laugh. "That's funny right?" He swallowed the lump in his throat.

"Yes, Jacob. I wouldn't fuck you and I wouldn't fuck old one eye." I laughed.

"Yeah, she was gross." Jacob looked at Callan. "Gross." He repeated.

"Says the guy who touched that corpse a bit much and didn't realize until it was a corpse until way too late," Callan said raising an eyebrow at him. "I mean how did you not realise that she was dead?"

"You son of a bitch," Jacob said dramatically covering his mouth. "You swore, you would never mention that again."

"I lied. I told everyone." Callan laughed.

"Wait?" Henry said, confused. "Is this the story about the girl who was dead and Jacob touched her..."

"You told him?" Jacob said, throwing his arms up in the air. "The betrayal."

"She was dead, man. Literally dead." Callan smiled.

"She could have been a deep sleeper and that sounded way too creepy even for me. I don't want to talk about it," Jacob said, turning away. "It doesn't count if you are blind rotten drunk and it's dark by the way. Damn you! We made that pact. It doesn't count.."