Noah Loves Me?

When Noah came over we worked on homework for a while and then we just had some time to catch up. The I noticed him moving closer so elegantly. I told myself to move but my body stayed put. I wanted this to stop but I couldn't  stop it. Before I knew it he we trying to put his arm around me. I bit my lip so hard a tasted blood. I wanted to scream but my voice was lost. Then I looked into his blue innocent eyes. For a second there I almost kissed him but then I thought of Jack. I stood up, checked the time and tried to think of an excuse for him to leave.
"I should start dinner. I'll see you tomorrow" I say.
Then his phone buzzes and I see a text from Isabelle.
"Hey Noah I'm feeling better now. Sorry you couldn't come over for homework today. I just didn't want you getting sick"
I looked at Noah and then his phone. I repeated this a few times and then he finally got the message.
"Ok listen Zoe...."
I interrupt him.
"Noah get out" I say softly, trying to hold back tears.
"You said you just wanted to come over. I thought I could trust you. But of course I'm the second option and I always will be"
"Zoe I'm sorry......"
"Get out" I say a little louder feeling tears trickle down my cheeks.
"Zoe............"
"NOAH GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!"
Tears ran down my face. Noah walked out without saying another word. I ran to my room, dug my face in my pillow and cried.

The next day at school I saw Noah and he was coming over so I went to go stand beside Jack and Noah didn't like that so much. He started jogging over and I just hid behind Jack.
"I'll explain later" I whisper in his ear. "I don't want Noah here"
Then Jack slowly walks towards Noah. Noah slows down and then when there face to face Jack says
"Leave her alone Noah she doesn't want to talk to you right now"
"Your not her bodyguard Jack. Move out of the way"
"Or what?"
"Or I'll make you"
"O I'm so scared" Jack says sarcastically.
Noah punches Jack in the stomach and knocks him to the ground.
"Noah stop! Don't hurt him! Your a bully just like you where when I met you"
I could see he was hurt. I didn't care. He deserved it. Then the bell rang so me and Jack headed to science. As for Noah he just kept standing there. Then Isabelle came over and I could hear him say that Jack punched him. I stoped in my tracks. I walked over to Isabelle and Noah. Well it was more like a speed walk. I looked at Noah then Isabelle.
"You actually believe this jerk? HE'S the one who punched Jack! Jack was just trying to protect me"
Isabelle looked at me then back at Noah.
"Zoe's right. I'm so sorry Zoe. And I owe you an apology to Isabelle. I was jealous of Zoe and Jack. Zoe could you tell Jack I'm sorry?"
"Ok" I said and then just walked off.
"Noah says sorry" I tell Jack.
"Sure. He's probably just saying that cause his girlfriend was there"
"Jack come on. He told her everything"
"What do you mean everything?"
"Well I didn't tell you about this yet but he came over for homework and he kept moving closer and closer to me but don't worry I ruined the moment"
"And he told Isabelle that?"
"Yeah"
"Ok well didn't he tell her that I punched him?"
"Well ya but then he told her that he actually punched you"
"And what did Isabelle say?"
"I don't know. I didn't stay for that part"

So after school, Jack came over and we just talked. He kissed me a few times to shut me up but after a bit it got old. We didn't have homework so we just chilled. It was nice. I never thought I would be able to be happy again after Noah started dating Isabelle but now after what he did I'm glad I'm not with him. Maybe he's still having trouble at home. I texted him without Jack noticing. "Hey what's up? R u ok? Why have you been acting so weird lately?"
I hear a buzz so I check my phone. Turns out it wasn't my phone it was Jacks.
"Hey sorry that's my mom texting I gotta go I'll see you tomorrow"
"Ya ok bye"

Later that night I heard my phone buzz and it was Noah texting me.
Noah: Hey Zoe. I'm so sorry about today and yesterday. R u free tomorrow after school? We can talk then
Me: Ya sure. See you then!

The next day after school me and Noah went to my house.
"So what's up?"
"Well first you have to promise not to tell anyone. I didn't even tell Isabelle"
"Ok sure"
"Well you know how my parents are divorced?"
"Get to the point Noah"
"Ok well my dad was drinking and driving so he went to jail and mom won't pay to get him out"
"Omg Noah I'm so sorry"
"It's ok. It's just that I might not be able to see my dad again because my mom doesn't want him to hurt me"
"Noah I can help you. Why didn't you just tell me what was going on?"
"Because I was embarrassed Zoe. I'm in high school now and I still can't handle my own problems"
"Well you could of asked me for help"
"I know. I'm so sorry"
"It's fine.  Wait do you love me though?"
"No. I just thought it would make me feel better if I did"
So we spent the rest of the evening just talking. I gave him some advise and helped him. I'm just really glad that me and Noah are best friends again. And I prefer it to stay this way.