31

Wednesday, February 28th

Luke: 3:57PM
Hey, so school's finally
out. What're your plans
today?

Luke: 4:31PM
You wanna have a
movie marathon?

Luke: 5:12PM
Sorry if I'm annoying
you. Really, just tell me
if I am... I just wanna
make sure that you're
okay.

Incoming Call: Ash🌻

"Hello? Ash?" Luke said, a bit more frantic that he had originally planned to be. He was worried about his friend, scared that something might have happen.

"Uh, no, actually. This is his dad." The voice said back, clearly distressed.

"Oh." Luke mumbled. His heart began beating faster as his fear intensified. Why would Ashton's dad be calling him from his phone? Has something happened?

"What-What are you calling about?" The teen asked, trying his best to keep his composure. "Is he...?"

"Ashton's fine." Mr. Irwin replied, now realizing why Luke was acting so odd. "Sorry, I guess I could've lead with that."

Before Luke could say anything else, the man continued. "He's having some pretty severe stomach problems this evening, hasn't left his bed since three. This is a weird request, especially coming from me, but you're basically his only friend."

"What is it?"

"I have a game tonight that I have to coach in about thirty minutes. I don't want to leave Ashton alone. I know that he'd be fine by himself as he usually is, but I figured I'd give calling you a shot. Can you possibly come and watch him while I'm gone? Make sure that it doesn't get any worse?" The man explained, running his fingers through his hair. He was stressed about having to leave his only son alone when he was in pain, but he also knew that if he missed any more games, he was at risk of getting fired.

"Of course." The blond answered without hesitation. "I'll be there in ten."

And with that, the two both said their goodbyes, and Luke was off to see the boy that he was quickly falling for.