34

Three Weeks Later

Ashton: 6:32PM
come over

Luke: 6:46PM
I'm at work, Ash, I can't

Ashton: 6:47PM
:( boo u whore ):

Luke: 6:47PM
I get off at 10. Will
you still be awake then?

Ashton: 6:48PM
i'll take a nap now so
that i can try and be up
later on. i really just
want to hear your voice.
so, even just a phone
call when you get off
would make my day

Luke: 6:50PM
Absolutely. I'll give you
a ring when I'm off,
then you can decide if
you're up for visitors.

Ashton: 6:53PM
u better 🥺

Incoming Call: Hemmo
Missed Call 10:13PM: Hemmo💕
Missed Call 10:14PM: Hemmo💕
Missed Call 10:15PM: Hemmo💕

Ashton: 10:18PM
heu

Luke: 10:18PM
Well, Heu to you too.

Incoming Call: Ash🌹

"Hello?" Luke said, lifting his phone to his ear.

"Hi." Ashton said with a loud yawn, which he followed with a soft apology.

"Oh, did I wake you?" Luke asked, feeling guilty. "Sorry, I was just following up on my promise to call you."

"Yeah." Ashton replied groggily. "I was, but it's worth it to hear you talk."

"You sound tired, Love. Go back to sleep and I'll talk to you tomorrow." The younger boy hummed, not wanting to keep him up.

"But I miss you." Ashton said, rubbing his hazel eyes. "Ever since you started your new job I don't see you as often."

And this was true. Luke had gotten a job at a local grocery store working from the time he got out of classes until 10PM. Meaning that Ashton would wait on him to get off so that they could see each other for a brief moment before one of them inevitably falls asleep on the other.

This had been going on for about two weeks now, and Ashton was missing his boyfriend being around in the afternoons. He never really thought about it much before, but now that he's been spoiled with Luke's presence for so long, he gets lonely being by himself.

"I-I know, Babe, but I've got to work. I'm off this weekend though. We can do something then."

"Okay, that sounds fun." Ashton said, trying his hardest to stay attentive to the conversation, but he had already taken his sleeping pills an hour prior and his body was working against him. "And I don't mean to make it sound bad, I'm proud that you got a job, I knew you needed one. I just... Miss you. Like, a lot."

"I miss you too. I'll text you in the morning, okay?" Luke said sweetly, noticing the slur in Ashton's words that hinted he was still sleepy.

"Yeah. Goodnight, Lu."

"Goodnight, Ash."

And with that, they both hung up and laid down in their beds to rest for the next day.