Chapter Four Hunter's POV

"Are you even listening to me man," I jump as my best mate yells into the phone.

"Oh uh yeah mate, continue on I'm listening," I mumble mentally shaking myself. I had to get that red head beauty out of my head. The way her curls frame her face, and the way she plays with her hands and bites her lip when she's nervous. I don't know why I was so interested in her and not her best friend Annabelle. After all I usually went with the blonds, and she fitted the list. Tall and tan, blond hair and blue eyes, a bubbly personally but some reason that red head always pop into my head.

"Dude seriously, what is up with you?" says Matt short for Matthew.

"Nothing Matthew," I growl out, today was not my day.

"Hunter something is wrong.. You called me Matthew dude that's not cool, I hate Matthew," he mumbles quietly.

"Drop it Matthew," I say coldly. Usually I would be about to go out and party some but not tonight. If my mum knew I was going out partying on a school night like today Monday, she would throw a fit.

"Ok chill dude, I'll drop it," I hear Matt say quietly but I knew he was suspicious.

"You know what Matt," I say suddenly, I walk over to the front door and grab my keys from the coffee table on the way.

"What?" he replies quickly, he sounded interested.

"Set the spare bedroom up, I'm coming over," I tell him as I lock up the house that I had lived in for the past year and a half. It may be Monday night, but I needed a break already and a distraction from that chick.

"Dude it's a school night," Matt says tiredly.

"And your point is," I say as I climb into my lovely beast of a car. Matt hadn't replied and so I quietly add.

"I need a break, a distraction," I mumble as I start my car up.

"Whatever you say man, see you when you get here then," and then my phone goes silent. What a lovely friend I had, couldn't even say bye before he hangs up.

I turned my radio up loud to block my thoughts, and off I went.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I ended up spending the rest of the week at Matt's house. His father was never there always at work, and his mother was always out with her friends and so I was never caught. When they were out, I went downstairs and ate their food, in the day while Matt was at school. I spent my time cruising around the town, but by Sunday morning, I knew it was time to head back.

"Hunter you heading back today man?" asks Matt as I kill his player yet again.

"Yeah I guess I probably should," I shrug as I bombed his player and watched as he fell to the ground.

"Hey that was no fair," Matt whines as he waits for his player to come back alive.

"Whiner, I thought you said you practiced," I say as I kill one of his team mates.

"I did, I thought you said you didn't," he replies back as his screen goes red as I kill him yet again.

"I haven't," I grin as the match ends and the scores come up on the screen. What could I say, I was the champ of call of duty.

"Lier," Matt mumbles as he gets up and picks his phone up that had been ringing.

"Oh hello babe, I know I miss you too," he says turning away from me. I roll my eyes and turn off the play station, putting the controllers away. That must be the one and only Maggie Foster, aka Matt's girlfriend of one year. Maggie was cute and all but not what I was expecting for a guy like Matt. Mag had long brown hair, hazel eyes, a heart shaped face, freckles on her nose and she wore these cute red glasses. It's just that Matt was blond, green eyes, well built in muscle and tall although I was still taller by three inches. It was just strange seeing Matt with well a nerd, don't get me wrong nerds are cute and all but I just didn't see them as Matt's type.