Chapter Sixteen

"Are you gonna tell me how it went, I want details honey," my mums cries as I enter the kitchen groggily on Monday morning.
"Was there drinking, smoking, dancing," she says giving Felix his bowl of corn-flacks.
"Uh darling, I don't think you should be asking this in front of someone," my dad says from the head of the table. It's then that mum looks over at Felix who was grinning and eating his cereal.
"Don't mind me.. Just eating. Continue on," Felix says in between mouthfuls of his food.
"Um.. Did I miss something here?" asks Hayden walking into the room and grabbing a bowl.
"Nothing," I mumble as my mum says.
"She went to a party." I send mum my best glare which she chooses to ignore, smart move there mother.
"A party?" Hayden questions glancing at me, he didn't believe it.
"Ok that's enough everyone, time for school," dad states kissing my cheek.
"But I haven't even eaten yet," complains Hayden glancing down at his empty bowl.
"You shouldn't have been up all night," says Felix, as he runs out the room.
"He's right Hayden," mum says nodding her head in thought.
"But mum," he complains, he puts the bowl away and opens the fridge, pulling out one of those quick drink things.
"Have a lovely day at school children," mum says waving the three of us out.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I still don't get why the school made us have Maths first, it just wasn't fair. I yearn again, probably like the tenth time sense I got to school.
"Someone seems sleepy," states Annabelle sliding into the seat beside me.
"Wouldn't you if you nearly drowned," I say back bitterly. "I'm sorry," I say quickly after, that was awful of me to say.
"I'm the one that's sorry Princess," says a deep voice behind me. I hadn't heard from Hunter sense Friday night, not even a message. I decide not to respond and instead turn my head to Miss Grayson who had just walked into class. I groan as I see her with a thick purple folder under her arm, the assignments. The ones that were meant to be handed in on Friday, but thankfully we didn't have Maths. But they were also the ones that Hunter and I were meant to have been finishing on the weekend. The ones that we didn't complete, I wonder if she would be happy with just the first page of answers.
"Alright class, into your groups with your assignments. Don't forget I would like your name, class and my name at the top of your sheets. I'll be coming around to collect it in ten minutes top." Oh crap, I wonder if I could finish the questions in ten minutes.
"Partner," says Hunter taking the seat beside me, I hear the chair screech against the tiles.
"We're stuffed," I mumble under my breath.
"No we're not," Hunter says sliding a single piece of paper to me. I frown, but take the paper and look over it. Oh my goodness. It was the questions and answers printed out, even the ones I hadn't finished. But we weren't allowed to print pages, other wise teachers thought we cheated.
"How?" I ask him, maybe he got someone to do all this for him.
"I studied, I worked, I finished," he says leaning back in his chair, crossing his arms and giving me his cocky half grin.
"And plus.. I kinda owe you big time," he says rubbing the back of his neck, and giving me a small sad smile. I hated seeing him like this, all sad, it just didn't suit him.
"Well thanks Hunter," I say as nicely as I could, he did nearly drown me but he also saved me. I look around for my pen that had been on the desk earlier, but now wasn't.
"Here," says Hunter handing me one of his spare blue pens.
"Thanks," I say, as I quickly scribble down my name, class and teacher onto the sheet. And just in time to.
"Well I'm surprised you two, you've actually worked together," Miss Grayson says looking over the sheets. I'm begging to god that she won't saying anything about the pages being printed, please oh please.
"But why are they printed?" oh crap so much for pleases, praying and begging.
"We're sorry miss, you see firstly we had the answers on our sheets. Then we typed then up on a laptop just in case you know, to have a spare copy," wow he actually seems to be convincing the teacher.
"Well we were working on this yesterday finishing touches, when the wind had got caught of our sheets which ended up in the pool. We both thought that you would rather have printed copy's then nothing at all, sorry Miss Grayson," Hunter finishes off. Miss Grayson nods her head in thought, please take the lie.
"Fair enough you two, but please stay away from water next time," she says moving into the next kid. Phew thank goodness, I lived to see another day, yay me.
"I wanna bet," says Hunter out of the blue, I jumped that's how out of the blue it was. We only had ten minutes till the bell.
"You scare quite easily," he states laughing at me, I wanted to throw something at him.
"No shit Sherlock," I mumble quietly, god sometimes he could be sweet, sometimes not so much.
"Why does everyone say that," he mumbles shaking his head.
"Cause it's a cool thing to say maybe," I whisper back, I'm surprised Miss Grayson hasn't caught us talking yet.
"So about that bet," he whispers back, I grinned bets were fun sometimes if you played your cards right.
"I'm listening," I say quietly, Hunter actually glances at me surprised.
"Really?" it comes out more of a question but I still nod my head.
"Alright... well I was thinking we should make this bet about getting an A+ on our assignment," he says glancing at me. Seemed fair enough, the chances of getting an A+ in this class though with Miss Grayson was pretty slim. More like never gonna happen actually, she's never ever given an A+ out only an A.
"I'm gonna say that if we do get an A+, you sweetheart have to.. come with me on Saturday," he says giving me his sexy smile. Wait did he just call me sweetheart and that I had to come with him on Saturday.
"And if you lose?" I ask him, he looks across the room in thought. But then turns back to me with that smile again.
"If I lose, I'll be your slave for the rest of the week," he says simply, watching for my reaction. Oh my god, I would have Hunter Woods being my slave for a week. Hell yes.
"I'm in," I say turning around slightly in my chair to face him properly. I hold out my hand, he grins and takes it.
"You do know there's like no chance that Miss Grayson's gonna give us an A+," I say glancing at him, he seemed pretty happy and calm.
"Don't be so sure princess," he says winking at me, then the bell goes. I open my mouth to yell at him but he was already out the door, leaving be by myself in thought.
"What was all that about?" questions Annabelle as soon as she sees me walking out of the classroom. Trust me, I was still trying to figure that out myself.
"A bet?" Annabelle looks at me thoughtfully, why is it coming out more of a question than statement today.
"A bet?" Annabelle copy's looking at me, "You placed a bet with Hunter Woods." Yep that's my friend for you, sometimes she could just about be as dumb as an actual blond. I know that's not true, cause usually this blond is pretty smart.
"Yes Annabelle a bet with Hunter Woods," I say slowly for her, she hits me on my arm.
"Ow," I say but I start laughing, she couldn't hit someone for her life well at least not hard.
"And are you gonna tell me about this bet you guys made?" she asks giving me her puppy dog eyes. For the love of god, as we walk to our class, I tell Annabelle all about the bet and the wink.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"I'm home mother," I yell as I enter the fresh hold of nice smelling cooking. That couldn't be mum cooking, no offence but mum couldn't cook that well.
"In the kitchen honey, your friends here by the way," she calls back, wait did she say friend. I didn't have any real friends except Annabelle, and she had went straight to the library with Jordan. And plus Annabelle couldn't exactly cook like her mother could, so who was in the room with my mother. I drop my bag down on the floor beside the door and walked over to the kitchen. Taking a deep breath, I close my eyes and walk in. Oh my yum, that smell was to die for, so yummy. I open my eyes to find mum sitting at the island table flicking through some photo album, giggling and pointing at some. Oh no that better not be my baby photo album, oh I bet it was.
"And this was her when she was five on her fathers bike with him, I was so worried but she loved it that girl," she says smiling. I turn my attention to the other person in the room, who was resting against the kitchen counter. Looking down at my baby album, his long brown hair falling into his eyes. I watch as his big blue eyes sparkle and light up as he starts laughing at the image and what my mum was saying. What was this person doing here, were they stalking me now. Did I have my own personal stalker.
***

Well guys, I'm back I'm sorry for not haven post anything in a while. I've been on holidays, my internets been stuffing up lately but I'm back and hopefully for a while. So what do you guys think of this chapter, Hunter was sweet to finish that maths assignment wasn't he, and what about that bet, do you guys wanna guess who wins, and what about Destiny's new personal stalker, does anyone have any ideas of who it is. Hope you guys enjoyed don't forget to please comment, follow and vote if you enjoyed this chapter or this whole book. If you have any questions or maybe some ideas to add, please send me a private message and have a lovely day peps :P
Amy xxx