Chapter Eight

"Wakey, Wakey sunshine," says a loud voice beside me. I roll over, and try to go back to sleep but the person starts jumping on me.

"I'm up, in up," I yell sitting straight up in my warm bed. I open my eyes to see Felix grinning at me cheekily, he then proceeds to stick his pink tongue out at me. I do the same back, he then sits down on my legs.

"You have to babysit me," he says smiling sweetly. I yearn and look at the clock on the wall, it read four-thirty in the afternoon, I must have fallen asleep when I got back from Annabelle's.

"Can't Hayden babysit you?" I ask, pushing him off me and getting up.

"He's busy," my brother says in a big important voice. My eyebrows lift up.

"Busy?" I question him, sense when was my older brother busy on a Sunday afternoon.

"You can ask him yourself but mum and dad are going on a date night tonight, so you have to babysit me." I roll my eyes, couldn't a ten year old babysit themselves and let me go back to sleep. I guess not. I walk out of my room, and open Hayden's door which was across from mine.

"Have you ever heard of knocking," asks Hayden, I peek over at him to see that he was just wearing trousers.

"I've seen you naked you know," I reply back poking my tongue at him. My brother rolls his eyes but throws on a clean dark blue shirt. I couldn't believe I'm thinking this but my my, my brother looked hot.

"Who's this special someone?" I ask taking a seat on his unmade bed.

"No one," he says throwing on his best pair of shoes and tying them.

"A girl perhaps," I say grinning, I watch as my brother's ear turn a dark shade of red.

"So it is a girl. Aw my brother is trying to impress a girl," I taunt him wickedly. Hayden turns and looks at me, he points his finger at me.

"Fine it's a girl but shut it," he warns me.

"Fine. So what's her name, what does she look like, how did you two meet?" I bomb-barded him with questions. What I couldn't help it, I was protective and wanted to make sure this girl was worthy of my big older brother.

"Her names Dani, long black hair, big brown eyes. She's in my music class," he answers me quietly. I look over at him to catch a small smile on his face.

"And I'm going to take her out for dinner so if you don't mind, I better head off," Hayden says giving me a quick hug and rushing out the door.

"Have fun, be polite," I yell after him.

"Yes mother," I hear him call, and then the door shuts closed behind him. Peace and quiet, maybe babysitting would be easy.

"Sis, I'm bored."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I somehow managed to get Felix in front of the T.V and put in a movie for him to watch. I sat on the other end of the couch, looking down at my phone.

Destiny: Hey you busy at all?

I wait for her to reply, it doesn't take long.

Annabelle: Sorry Bub. I'm with Jordan, studying for the art exam coming up soon. Why you ask, what's the problem?

Damn she was busy and with Jordan, man she really liked that guy.

Destiny: Oh nothing really just trying to babysit Felix but he's a damn handful :(

I send that and wait for her response. Instead of getting a reply back, my phone starts to ring which makes me jump. I don't bother looking at the number or name, I just answer.