Chapter 1

"And stay out you vile creatures!"
After hearing this Marcel and Harry decided that it was high time that they leave the house they grew up in, if you can call it that. They walked for a while and found a safe spot behind the bakery their mother used to take them to when she was alive. As they were getting comfortable for their first night on the streets, they couldn't help but wonder how their lives had gotten so bad so fast.

Six years ago- Marcel's P.O.V.
Today Harry wouldn't talk to me. Mummy died in a cars crash today. Daddy wouldn't talk to me because he was so sad. Harry was in the car with mummy because he wanted to help mummy get the groceries. Harry wouldn't talk because he watched mummy die and the doctors said he would be fine physically because he was in his car seat, that's good because he is much smaller than me. Mummy said that even though Harry and I are four years old, Harry was just made smaller so he still needs to be in a car seat and not a booster seat like me. Harry didn't want to ride in the car today, but Daddy yelled at him until Harry cried and even then, Daddy wouldn't hug Harry and make it better. He just put him in the car seat and yelled at me to get in the car. I tried to make Harry feel better, but he was just so scared about being in the car. I honestly don't blame him though, if you watched your Mummy die in a car, would you want to go back in a car just a week later? After Mummy's funeral, Daddy took us home and told us to go to our room. Harry and I share a bed because we just never wanted to sleep alone. We've been up in our room for about an hour now, and it is seven at night. We didn't get dinner tonight, so I decided to go ask Daddy for a snack before bed. Bedtime is supposed to be at eight. I went downstairs and found Daddy watching TV in the living room.
"Daddy, can Harry and I have a snack before bedtime?"
"NO! Get out of my way now! You've taken enough from me today, so nothing more for you!" Daddy yelled at me.
"Ok" I said. I decided to try one more thing to see if I could find Daddy and not this yelly monster, "Can you come and read a story to Harry and I Daddy? Mummy used to and it helps the monsters stay away from Harry and I." He used to argue with Mummy about who would get to read with us at night.
"I said no Marcel. No means no!" And then Daddy hit me. He hit me in the face. That was the first time Daddy hit us without a purpose like when we took a cookie without permission when we were told no. We would get a spanking, but not in the face.
"Ok Daddy. Goodnight, I love you."

Five Years ago- Harry's P.O.V.
I haven't said anything to anyone since that day Daddy hit Marcy. That was the day we put Mummy in the ground. I'm five now and today would be the first day of school for Marcy and I, but Daddy said we were to bad and didn't deserve to go to school. So, no school for us I guess. I mean, especially for me since I killed Mummy. Marcel says it wasn't my fault and that the driver was like Daddy, but in my daily beating Daddy makes sure to tell me that if I hadn't have gone with Mummy to the store, she wouldn't have died. Even when I think about that day, I can really see why it's my fault Mummy died. She asked if Mummy's shopping helper wanted to come help Mummy at the store to get some food for the week. She even told me we could have tacos for dinner this week, if I helped her find the biggest apples for Marcel and I. Of course I couldn't say no to that! I love tacos and apples! They are like the bestest foods ever in the whole wide world! So I told her that I would go with her. We decided to ask Marcel if he wanted to go, but he was with Daddy reading a book about a turtle and a bunny. They decided to stay home and said we could take a bit at the store because they wanted to do something for us! We went to the store and I was put in my spot in the front of the cart. Mummy got everything we needed and started walking to the check out, we had forgotten the apples though! I told her that we forgot to get apples for Marcy and I and she said oh my, how could we forget the most important thing on our list. We went to the apples and Mummy took me out of the cart to look at the apples. I could only see one row though, because I'm so small. She laughed and picked me up so I could see all of the apples. I looked and saw the most ginormous apple in the world! It could feed Marcy and I at snack time for a week! I pointed at it to show Mummy and even she said wow! We got that one, and Mummy told me to find another one like that so we could have extra apples this week. I found one that was big, but not as big as the last one. We got that one too so Marcy and I could both have apples this week. We checked out and went to the car. Mummy gave me the apples and said I had the job of protecting the apples on the way home. As we were turning onto our street some car didn't stop at the light and started driving crazy toward Mummy and I! I yelled Mummy look out! She hit the breaks, but the other driver didn't stop. She turned around and said Harry never forget how much I love you and Marcel. Then the driver hit Mummy's side of the car and Mummy went to sleep. She wasn't waking up. I tried to tell her to wake up, but she wouldn't and I started crying. Soon some police officers got me out of the car and asked if I was hurt. I told them no, but that Mummy was not waking up. They asked me what my name was so I told them my name is Harry Styles. They asked where my Daddy was, so I pointed to my house, which I could see. I told them that Daddy and Marcel were there and Mummy and I had to get groceries and apples today to surprise them. They walked me home and knocked on the door. Daddy answered and looked out the door and asked if I was ok. The police man said I was, but that Mummy wasn't. One week later, at Mummy's funeral, I stopped talking.

Back to now- Marcel P.O.V.
Now there will be no more beatings for Harry or I. We will be fine. I don't know if Harry remembers this place, but I do. Mummy used to take us here after something really good happened to us! Maybe here, when they have to throw out the leftovers we can have them! The owner used to be really good friends with Mummy and she loved us, but now her son owns this place. He might not be as nice as she was. Her name was Misses T. I don't remember what her full name was because it was really hard for a four year old to pronounce. I don't know what our plan will be, but I know we will be fine as long as we have each other. Harry hasn't said a word since Mummy died, but he will have to soon. We haven't been classified yet, but I do know that we need to since we are ten now and that is when you get classified. I don't know what that's like, but we don't have the money to do that. I don't even know what you can be classified as, I just hope Harry and I are the same so we can stay together.

Word Count: 1422