Chapter 8

Niall P.O.V.:
We all walked back to Ed's office with Louis carrying Marcel and Zayn carrying a half asleep Harry. I can already tell Harry is going to be very little because he gets tired from things like playing for just a bit. Marcel may be a little older because he can do some more things like walk around and he seems to watch out for Harry, like an older brother. Yes, I do know that he is older, but he probably will be older than Harry in headspace as well. I mean, what baby would have create a chase scene with cars? Harry tried to play with Marcel, but didn't get the whole concept of 'chase.' It was so cute though, and he just went and snuggled up to Zayn and started to doze off. I felt bad though because they will need to be awake for the headspace testing process and Harry is already half asleep with Zayn. This could be interesting. We all sat, Marcel on Lou's lap and Harry on Zayn's lap. We shook hands with Mister Sheeran and started with the interview.
"Hello gentlemen," he started, "I am Ed Sheeran and I will be seeing if you are for caregivers to these two boys, at least I'm assuming these two."
"Yes," Zayn started, "this is Harry and Marcel Styles. Although, we were hoping for a last name change as Styles brings back bad memories for them."
"Of course," Mister Sheeran started, "Harry, could you please tell me a little bit about where you come from?"
Harry shook his head and hid in Zayn's chest.
"I'm sorry about him," Zayn said, "he is apparently very shy today. He doesn't say that much to us either, but maybe Marcel could answer you."
"Alrighty then," Mister Sheeran sighed, "Marcel, could you please tell me about your life before you met Liam, Zayn, Niall, and Louis?"
Marcel nodded and took a deep breath. He said, "Daddy was really nice until Mummy died when we were four. She died in a car accident and Harry was in the car with her. The driver was like Daddy. Daddy said the driver was drunk and he said that means he was drinking too many adult drinks. When we put Mummy in the ground, Daddy sent Harry and I straight to bed. We couldn't sleep, so I went downstairs to ask Daddy if he would read us a story to help us sleep like he and Mummy used to. That was the first time he hit me. He hit me across my face and told me to go to bed. I turned around and told him goodnight and that I loved him. He never stopped hitting us after that. If anything ever went wrong, it was our fault so we would get hit. A little bit ago he decided he had enough of us. He threw us out onto the streets. We found the bakery that Mummy used to take us to and we decided to stay by the dumpster there because they usually have pretty good food. After about two weeks of being behind that smelly dumpster, Mister Niall found us. He brought us into the bakery and bought us food! Then we met Mister Louis and he and Mister Niall took us to see Mister Liam and we got class'fied as Littles! Then we went home and had a bath and a snack with Mister Zayn! They have been the best thing to happen to us since Mummy died."
We all sat there for a moment in shock. I am sure that isn't hardly a fraction of what happened and yet, he seemed so comfortable saying it - wait, my comfortable, just like he had rehearsed it a thousand times. That is so sad, he has said this to how many people and no one listened to him until now.
"Well," Ed started with a shocked face, "now that we know a little bit about you boys, let's move on to the headspace testing and adoption process."
He went into his desk and pulled out a series of cards with different pictures on them.
"Harry and Marcel, I want you each to pick out some cards that you would like to have or use. Does that sound easy enough?"
Marcel nodded right away and Harry looked at Marcel for confirmation and then he nodded too. Ed laid out the cards on his desk. The pictures on the cards were: a crib, a bed with a side railing, a dummy, some blocks, some match box cars, a nappy, a pull up, a sippy cup, and a bottle. Marcel looked at all of the items and pointed to the sippy cup, Harry looked at Marcel and pointed to the sippy cup too. They have both only used sippies so I wasn't to concerned. Then Marcel pointed to the match box cars with a slight smile. Once again Harry looked at what Marcel had pointed at before pointing to the cars with a confused face.
"Hold on boys," Ed interrupted, "can one or two of you take Marcel out of the room for a minute. I see a trend here that I don't think is correct."
I was confused at that until I realized that Harry was picking only what Marcel was picking even if he was confused about it.
"Oh," I said, "Marcel, should you and I go continue that game of cars outside for a bit buddy?"
He nodded so I picked him up out of Louis' lap. We went out and continued to play cars until one of the boys came to get us.