Chapter VIII - Do you trust me?

Draco's POV

The following two weeks were spent with going to classes, playing games and discovering more about each other, and suddenly, it was time for Harry to take the next potion, the one that would turn him into a ten year old boy.

As this potion was going to be the strongest one, making him grow three years, professor Slughorn advised me to mix in a sleeping draught, so Harry could grow in his sleep, making the procedures less intense.

I decided to give it to him after dinner, that way, he could sleep the rest of the night, letting the transformation proceed in it's own time.

I picked it up from Slughorn's office in the morning, and carried it in my pocket all day.

We ate dinner in the great hall, sitting in the corner of the Slytherin table, avoiding everyone else, as my "friends" were clearly not happy that I was acting nicely towards the boy who lived.

We finished eating, then headed to our quarters, Harry looking all jumpy and happy I have no idea why.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As we walked into our living room, I told Harry to seat beside, telling him I had to talk to him. His smile dropped at that, and he flinched, then came to me worriedly.

"Y-yes, Dray?" he asked softly. "Have I done something wrong?"

"No, my angel, not at all!" I reassured him, and he sat beside me, more relaxed, but still hesitant.

"Then what is it you want to tell me?"

"Harry, do you remember what I told you? About you having to take potions so you could return to the age of sixteen?" I asked him and he nodded. "Well, today you are to take another one, turning you into a ten year old boy!"

"Ten? Does that mean that I get to eat more candy and sleep later? And read the books you read, and do magic! And play chess and everything!" he said, excited, and I laughed.

"If that's what you want, then yes! Well, except for eating more candy, you eat enough already! And you'll not be going to sleep much later, you still need to rest."  I told him and he nodded. "As for the magic part, you'll need to learn it first, you can't just do it. But I can teach you some easy spells if you'd like!" he smiled at me and kissed my cheek gently.

"Thank you, Dray! Give me the potion!" he said, opening his mouth for me to give him the potion.

"First I'm going to take you to your bed, as this potion will make you sleepy."

"Can't I go to your bed? I want to wake up next to you when I turn ten!" he said, smiling at me with pleading eyes.

"Fine." I told him, and picked him up, rushing to my bedroom.

As I entered my bedroom, I threw Harry to my bed, causing him to land with a huff, and he giggled at me, grabbing my hand and pushing me into bed with him. Then, I covered us with my blanket and I picked the potion. He opened his mouth again and I poured the potion there.

He made a disgusted face and threw his tongue out.

"It tastes awful, Dray! Bleh!" he said, repulsed, and I laughed at him.

A few minutes after he was yawning and fighting to keep his eyes open.

"Shh... my angel, just sleep..." I told him, quietly, and kissed his tiny nose, causing him to giggle softly.

Then he was asleep, and I could see his features slowly changing, and his size aswell, making me fall asleep with a smile, curled up to my Harry.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up the next day to see Harry smiling at me, watching me sleep, and I smiled at him lazily, and poked his nose softly.

"Good morning, Harry. How long have you been watching me?" I asked.

"'Morning! And not long, but you were so peaceful, I didn't want t wake you up. Plus, your arm is on top of me, so, even if I wanted to leave, I couldn't." he said, poking my nose in return and giggling. Merlin, is it me or his giggle gets cuter each time he grows?

"Fair enough. So, how does it feel to be ten?"

"Honestly? Weird. Really really weird. I feel heavier, and my voice's not so thin, and it-it feels weird."

I laughed at him.

"Don't laugh, it's not funny, Dray! It's not you who has to go through this!" he said, pouting.

I kissed his cheek and smiled at him.

"You're right, I'm sorry, Harry."

"Harry...? Why Harry? It's the second time... I'm supposed to be your angel, am I not anymore?" he said, looking hurt. 

"Do you really want me to keep calling you angel?" I asked, lovingly, wanting him to say yes. I loved calling him that. "I just figured that you wouldn't want me calling you that anymore, now that you're older..."

"Well..." he said, quietly, not daring to look into my eyes. "just... don't ever stop calling me that, please... it-it makes me feel warm... and safe and-and loved... " he said quietly. "I want to be your angel forever... it's silly, I know..."

 That made my heart tremble, Merlin, how I love this kid.

"Oh, Harry... you'll always be my angel, I love you so, so much! And it's not silly, not at all! Even if I stoped calling you that, you'd never stop being my little angel." It reassured him. How I wish that was true, in less than three months I will not be able to hold you nor call you mine anymore. I though sadly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We spent the day playing games like wizard chess, which Harry was delighted to have tried, and just sitting around.

We had finished with dinner we went to my room and sat on my bed. I was pretending to read a book while I thought about everything and Harry was looking at me, studying my face, a hesitant expression plastered on his.

"Hey, Dray..." he started. "I know it's probably not the best timing, but I can't keep worrying like that everyday." he took a deep breath, then looked at me straight on the eyes. "Dray, my Dray. I beg you... please, please tell me what's been bothering you, I really really need to know. I can handle it. Whatever it is, I swear to never ever leave your side, and never ever get mad at you. Dray, please, I love you so much, I just want you to trust me..."

"Angel..." I whispered, trying to break eye contact, but he held my face with both his hands, forcing me to look at him.

"Draco, please..."

It was heartbreaking to see him like that, so desperate to try and understand what's been going on with me.

"Harry, I don't know if I can..."

"Do you trust me?" he asked firmly, trying to keep his trembly voice steady and demanding.

"Of course I do... but-"

"No buts, prove it." he almost ordered.

I took a deep breath, looked at him, and mumbled.

"Ok..."