Chapter X - You promised...

A/N - I'm sorry for Harry's language in this chapter, I needed him to be really really angry.

Harry's POV

I woke up sleeping on a couch in the waiting room from the hospital wing. My head was hurting for all the screaming and crying from last night, and I thought I was going to fall when I stood up.

I made my way to the doors os the infirmary, but was stopped when professor Dumbledore stood in front of me, arms crossed.

"And where do you think you're going, little one?" he asked me.

"Hm.. to see Draco." I told him.

"No one's allowed there yet." 

"Could you at least tell me what's wrong with him?" I asked, using the puppy eyes card that Draco fell for every time I did. 

Dumbledore sighed, then sat on the couch, patting the sit next to him.

"Look, Harry. Mr. Malfoy is going to be ok. He had some... hmm.. grown people issues that you wouldn't understand. He is hmmm..."

"Quit the bullshit, professor!" I snapped. I never swore, but I just hate when people treat me as a baby.

"Mr. Potter! Language! Will you behave?"

"No, I won't behave! I can't sit around doing nothing when the only person I ever cared about is in that room, in Merlin knows what state, hurting! I won't stay quiet! And I demand answers!"

Dumbledore gasped. I was standing up in the couch by now.

"What. Is. Wrong. With. Draco?!" I snapped.

"Mr. Potter! You-"

"Won't understand? I'm not a freaking baby! Try me!" I almost shouted.

"I'm not sure I'm the right person to tell you what's wrong with Mr. Malfoy, Harry."

"So you don't know?! Are you kidding? Can't you find out? HE COULD BE DYING FOR ALL WE KNOW!"

"Mr. Potter!" he shouted, standing up.

"Mr. Dumbledore!" I shouted back.

"Enough! You'll come with me!"

"Like hell I will." I said, sitting down.

As Dumbledore was getting ready to scream at me again, the door shot open, revelling Madam Pomfrey.

"He's stable." she said, and my eyes shined. "You may see go see him, but he won't wake up for a while, it could take minutes, it could take weeks." I nodded, then rushed inside.

I walked past the beds, trying to find the one that had Draco on it.

And then I found him, laying down, with a beeping machine beside him, looking so peaceful, yet, so broken.

I grabbed a chair and settled it next to his bed, then sat up, watching Draco's chest rising and falling.

I gabbed his cool hand and cupped it inside both my warm hands, trying to put him warmer aswell.

"I'm so sorry, Dray..." I whispered, so only he could have heard. "You have no idea how sorry I am... Merlin, I'm a fool... such a fool... I shouldn't have brought the subject up, I knew I shouldn't, but I did anyway... I'm so so selfish! And I'm so so sorry..." tears were falling down my face, landing on Draco's hand, and I followed them with my eyes as they left tracks everywhere they passed.

"I love you so much Dray..."

"Harry?" I heard someone calling. It was a girl, but I couldn't bring myself to guess who nor turning around. "Oh, Harry..." Hermione. It's her. I'm sure of it. As I felt her wrap her arms around me, I started crying harder, and she stayed there, holding me, whispering reassuring words in my ear, such as "It's okay" or "He's going to be fine" and "Don't worry".

When I calmed down I broke the hug and turned to Draco again, caressing his cheek softly, but never letting his hand go.

"Thank you, 'Mione..." I whispered.

"It's fine, Harry, you don't need to thank me." she said, smiling warmly.

I tried to smile back, but it came out as a sad and broken smile, and I looked down.

"Mr. Potter, Miss Granger is going to take care of you while Mr. Malfoy can't, she'll stay in your quarters with you so she can look after you, is it okay?" Madam Pomfrey asked, and I nodded.

"Very well. You can stay here for another ten minutes, but not more than that, I still need to run some tests." she said, and we nodded.

"Madam Pomfrey, when will he wake up?" I asked.

"I'm afraid I can't answer that, only time will tell." she replied.

"I-is there any chance t-that he-he - I took a deep breath." t-that he w-won't be able to m-make i-it?

Hermione gasped.

"I can't tell, Mr. Potter. He is stable now. But if his body refuses to wake up, then he won't."

I nodded.

"Let's go, 'Mione, we will come back later." I said, quietly.

"Sure, Harry." she said, and tried to pick me up.

"Wait!" I said, as I turned to Draco again, and kissed his cheek and his hand. "I love you Dray... and if you can hear me, please, I beg you, don't leave me... you promised, remember? Rest well, love you." I said and kissing his forehead, then left.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hermione's POV

Three weeks had passed, and today was the day Harry needed to take the next potion, and grow to the age of twelve.

Everyday that passed and Malfoy hadn't woken up, he got more depressed. He sees him every single day, no exceptions, stays there while I go to classes and every spare time ha manages to find.

He doesn't sleep, barely eats, and doesn't talk to anyone, unless when he is with Draco, never losing hope that he is hearing him. 

I can't stand to see him like that. He doesn't even cry anymore, he's numb, emotionless. Doesn't smile, doesn't flinch, doesn't show any kind of emotions... he's just... empty.

Doesn't even look like himself anymore.

I was in my room reading in my quarters when the time I had to give the potion to Harry arrived.

I got up from bed and entered Malfoy's room, as Harry stayed there, refusing to sleep in his own bedroom, and saw Harry curled up to a green Slytherin sweatshirt, sad expression in his face. I gave him a small reassuring smile and sat next to him.

"Hey, Harry..." I started, he didn't move. "Today you have to take the potion, you know? Can I give it to you so you can rest for a little bit?" I asked, softly.

"No." he simply said, almost inaudibly.

"Harry..."

"No. I'm not taking the potion without Draco." he whispered, curling up deeper with the sweatshirt. "I-I can't, 'Mione. I just can't."

My heart hurt to see him like that.

"Harry, you know you have to, you know that's what Draco would have wanted you to do." I told him softly.

"No, it wouldn't. It was probably what he would say, but not what he wanted. I know him. I know he would want me to wait and take the potion with him, beside him, so he could be the first one to hold me in a new phase in this rushed life I'm living right now... he's already lost one phase, I won't let him loose another..." he said, still quietly.

"What about we go to the hospital wing, and then you could take the potion right there, beside him. And he could be the first one you hug and talk to, because I'm sure he can hear you. I'm sure he can sense what's happening around him, and he's fighting to open his eyes. Can we do that?"

He slowly nodded.

I picked him up and headed to the hospital wing.