Chapter IX - I love you.

Draco's POV

--Last chapter--

"Do you trust me?" he asked firmly, trying to keep his trembly voice steady and demanding.

"Of course I do... but-"

"No buts, prove it." he almost ordered.

I took a deep breath, looked at him, and mumbled.

"Ok..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stayed silent for a few seconds, trying to figure out how was I going to explain to Harry that in three months he was probably going to forget everything?

"Dray? Are you ok?" he asked, concerned. I must have zoned out.

I nodded, then took a deep breath. There was no point in trying to find the right way to say it: there wasn't a right way to say it at all.

"When you are sixteen years old, you and I are not friends, Harry." I said, and his eyes widened.

"What? Why?" he asked confused.

"Well, sixteen year old you hates me, and he has reasons to do so, since I did not treat him nor his friends well."

"You mean Hermione?"

"And Wea-Ron."

"I'm not his friend, he is mean to you!"

"Actually, angel, he is you best friend. And sixteen year old you does not treat me differently than he does."

"W-what?" he asked, shocked. "Y-you mean... I-I'm so sorry, Dray!" his eyes began watering. "D-did I ever hurt you? Like Ron does?"

My mind flashed to the Sectumsempra incident a few weeks before Harry turned into a five year old.

"D-don't worry about that, Harry."

"I did, didn't I?" he asked softly, tears falling from his eyes. "I'm so so sorry, Dray... so sorry..."

"It's fine, I deserved it. You were just protecting yourself, there's no need to worry. And I've hurt you badly aswell, so please, please, don't feel bad about it." I told him calmly.

"No one deserves to get hurt, Dray... I just can't believe I would actually do to someone what they did to me..."

"No no, angel, don't compare yourself to them, ok? You're so much better than them!"

He nodded slowly, wiping his tears with his sleeve.

"Continue..." he said.

"Anyway, we do not get along. Everybody knows that. We duel, we insult each other, and we spend most of our time in detention because of that."

"But that's never going to be like that anymore, I know real you now, and when I turn sixteen again, we could be friends!"

"Oh, my Harry, if it was like that I wouldn't be upset."

- Then why are you? - he asked, worried

"Because, when you do turn back to sixteen, t-there's a very very little chance t-that you will actually r-rem..." I started crying, I couldn't take it. I can't lose Harry. I just can't. I won't be able to live with myself if I do.

"Dray..." he hugged me tight and kissed my cheeks. "I didn't understand the last part... could you... hm... repeat, please?" he asked softly, and I nodded.