Chapter XXIII - Sirius Black

Harry's POV

Later in the afternoon, Draco, Hermione, Ron and I were sitting on the ground, playing board games, when we heard a knock in the door.

"I'll get it." I said, as I got up from the floor.

I opened our quarters' door to find a man, not very tall, with dark brown shoulder-length hair and a moustache, leaning against the door frame, smirking.

"Harry." he said. And then it hit me.

"S-Sirius?" I asked, quietly, and he nodded.

I smiled, my eyes teared, and I launched myself at him, hugging him tightly, and he hugged back, slightly confused.

"I-Is it really you? My godfather?" I asked again, my eyes getting teary and my throat getting dry.

"Yes, Harry! What is going on, son?" he asked, concerned, but I kept smiling at him.

"Harry?" I heard Draco ask.

I turned around and his expression dropped as he saw the tears in my eyes. He ran to me and hugged me, not realising Sirius was there.

"What happened? Harry! Are you okay?"

I motioned to my side and as soon as he saw him, he smiled at me.

"So you are the famous Sirius Black?" he asked, still smiling.

"I am. And you are Draco Malfoy, son of Lucius Malfoy, am I right?" Sirius asked, his voice unsure and suspicious, and Draco nodded, flinching a bit at the mention of his father.

"It's him Dray! Can't you see! It's really him!" I said excitedly, and Draco smiled at me, leaving a soft kiss in my forehead.

"Yes, love, it's him. Why don't you talk with him instead of holding me?" he suggested, and I nodded, breaking our hug, and turning back to my godfather.

"Hmm... can someone please explain why all this excitement? Harry, it's not been that long, I saw you before Hogwarts started!" Sirius said, and Draco turned to him.

"Harry was hit with a ageing potion that was not well brewed, and it had the opposite effect. So he turned into a five year old little boy. I've been taking care of him, and every once in a while he takes potions that make him grow a few years. He's now fourteen. Saturday he will turn back to sixteen..." Draco explained, his voice lowering at the last part, which made my heart break.

"And how come no one thought about informing me about it?" Sirius asked.

"I don't know, I thought you knew..." I replied, then looked at Draco, who still had a sad expression on his face. "We'll find a solution Dray, don't be sad, you know it hurts to see you like that..."

He nodded slowly, and I gave him a quick hug and planted a soft kiss on his lips.

"It's going to be fine..." I whispered.

Sirius was staring at us with shock.

"Are you two together?" he asked, confused, and Draco and I nodded. "Wow. I mean- just wow! A Malfoy and a Potter, who would have seen that coming?" he chuckled.

"Sir, please, could you not refer me as a Malfoy? Nor mention my father? I don't like to be reminded of where I came from..." Draco asked.

"Of course, dear! And please, call me Sirius. You're family now, I guess!" he said excitedly, and Draco gave him a soft smile. "So, Harry. Albus said you wanted to talk to me?"

"Oh, yes. Could we go somewhere else?" I asked.

"Sure." he replied.

"I'll be back, Dray. And I'm going with Sirius to I don't know where for I don't know how long." I said, smiling at him.

"You don't need to say all that, Harry, did you know? I just got worried this morning because I had no idea what had happened to you. Now, I'm sure you're in good hands." he stated.

"I know, but I promised you I would tell you everything didn't I?" I asked and he nodded. "Well, there's your answer." I walked to him, kissed him softly, and said. "I'll be right back. Love you."

"Yeah, yeah, maybe I love you too." he replied, crossing his arms and blushing.

"Oh, shut up, I know you do."

"Then why are you still talking? Go, don't let your godfather waiting, that's rude!" he said, mockingly, and I threw my tongue out at him, before leaving our quarters with Sirius.

"You really do love him, don't you?" he asked, as we made our way to Lupin's old office.

"More than I could ever describe it." I replied, and he smiled.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We entered Remus' old office and sat in front of each other.

"Sirius, are you sure we can be here?" I asked, unsure.

"Well, I think I'm allowed into my fiancé's old office, don't you think?"

"You're engaged? To Lupin? Wow!" I said, surprised.

"Haven't I told you that? Oh, sorry. I forgot you forgot." he said.

"It's okay, you only just learned it, anyway." 

"Now, son, what is it you wanted to talk with me about?" he asked.

"It's about Draco. Well, he doesn't want to be in the Voldemort's side. But he has the Dark Mark, he's branded." he gasped at that. "And, by having it, Voldemort has the power to summon him, and I can't let him go back to the Manor, or he will be in danger, but I can't hide him just anywhere, because he's only safe in places that are warded against apparition."

"So I take it you want him to stay with me?"

"Yes. His safety id the most important thing in the world for me, and I can't have him suffer for not having a choice on what he wants to do. That's why I want you to look after him. I know your place is warded and protected. And I need to know he's safe. Could you please to that for me?"

"Harry, dear, you don't need to ask twice. Of course I'll look after Draco, he's your boyfriend, and if you trust him I trust him. But what I'm curious about is why did you come to talk to me now, seeing as the first holidays are coming only in three weeks."

"Saturday I take my last potion, meaning I'll turn back to sixteen." he nodded. "And that means the de-ageing potion will wear off, meaning it will be like it never happened..." he looked at me worryingly. "meaning it is almost certain I won't remember what happened. That I'll forget I love Draco. That I'll forget who he really is... that's why I need you to promise me to take care of him when I won't..." my voice started trembling, and Sirius got up from his sit and took me in his arms.

"Oh, Harry... I'll do whatever I need to, okay? You can trust me." he reassured me, and I nodded into his chest.

"I'm scared of Draco's reaction to all of it... I'm scared he'll find no reason to carry on... that he'll turn cold and that he'll isolate himself... he told me I was his reason to keep on living... s-so what i-if he finds himself s-so broken he'll end h-his l-l-life?" I broke down crying, and Sirius rubbed my back.

"I won't let that happen, Harry... I won't... I promise... even if I have to become the family he seeks so hardly for, and I'll make you realise you need him, somehow... you'll find your way back to each other, I'm sure of it."