finally (request)

for 80s90sTeen

for 80s90sTeen

hope you enjoy carrie!! <3

258 words

lowercase intended

* * * * * * *

i stared at the pregnancy test in my hands, still in shock from the results.

positive

i was so happy that i was finally pregnant. river and i had been trying for months and i couldn't believe it finally happened. i couldn't wait to tell him. i walk out of the bathroom and spy on my husband reading a book in the living room. i walk towards him nonchalantly. i place the pregnancy test on his lap. he looks down and picks it up. his eyes widen and his mouth drops.

"you're kidding." he said, looking up into my eyes.

i shook my head, a small smile creeping up on my face.

he covered his mouth with his hand and slowly got up. he engulfed me in a hug and picked me up, my legs wrapped around his torso. i laughed as he kissed my cheek repeatedly. we pulled away and i put my hands on his cheeks.

"you're gonna be a dad." i whisper, tears filling my eyes as i stroke his cheeks.

"finally." he says happily.

i smile and press a kiss to his lips. i pull away and rest my forehead on his.

"i love you, carrie." he says, moving a strand of my brown hair behind my ear.

"i love you too, riv." i reply.

that was the beginning of our beautiful journey as parents.

______________

i hope you enjoyed it carrie, sorry if it was too short!!

leave more requests down below<3