reunited

(modern day)

(modern day)

442 words

lowercase intended

__________________

it's been 5 months since river and i have seen each other. he has been away filming his new movie, running on empty. he was coming home today, and i couldn't be happier. i was meeting him at the airport, when he gets off his plane. i put on a casual outfit, a minimal amount of makeup and left my hair natural. i grabbed my bag and headed out. i couldn't keep the smile off my face. i couldn't wait to see the love of my life. ding

riv💗: landing now, i can't wait to see you

y/n: me too, be there shortly <3

i drove down to the airport and parked. i walked inside, excitedly playing with my hands. i walked over to his gate where he would be arriving and kept my eyes peeled for the blonde boy.

a few minutes later, i spot the boy i haven't seen for 5 months. he had bags under his eyes and slightly messy hair. i grinned widely and waited for him to spot me. his eyes scanned the crowd until they landed on me. a beautiful smile spread across his face as he looked into my eyes from across the room. we immediately ran to each other, not caring who stared at us.

when we got to each other, we engulfed in a bear hug. both of us sobbing, our arms wrapped around each other like our life depended on it. he held the back of my head with his hand and pressed his lips to the top of my head. my arms wrapped tightly around his waist, my cheek resting on his shoulder.

it seemed like it was forever before we pulled away from each other. we looked into each other's eyes lovingly. he put his hand on my cheek, his thumb stroking it. i take my finger and wipe the remaining tears on his face. huge smiles on both of our faces, we pressed our lips together. we hadn't felt the feeling of each other's kiss for so long. we pulled away and he leaned his forehead against mine, his hands still on my cheeks.

"god, i missed you." he said softly.

just the sound of his voice in person and not over facetime made my heart burst.

"i missed you more." i said.

he slung his arm around my shoulder, leaning his cheek against the side of my head. we walked out of the airport, loving the feeling of each other's long awaited touch.

_________________

THIS IS SO CUTE AWH

(sorry it's kinda short)

i wish a guy would love me this much :'(