dickheads

543 words

543 words

lowercase intended

_________________

river and i walked into a record store, hand in hand. i really wanted a pink floyd vinyl and river wanted a beatles one. we searched the vinyls for a while, until river spoke.

"i gotta go use the bathroom, be right back." he said, walking towards the restrooms.

i continue to go through the vinyls and finally found the one i wanted. pink floyd: the dark side of the moon. i smile excitedly.

i hear the bell ring on the door and three guys walk in. they look about me and rivers age, and are fairly decent looking. i pay no mind to them and grab the Pink Floyd vinyl. i look through the rest of the vinyls, curious to see what else the store had to offer.

"hey." i hear from behind you.

i turn around and make eye contact with all three of the boys i saw earlier.

"um hello." i say politely.

"what's a pretty thing like you doing here?" the boy in the front says, looking me up and down and getting closer to you. you back up a bit.

"uh.. I'm here with my boyfriend." i said, hoping that they would take a hint.

"ohh, i see. where is that boyfriend of yours?" he says lowly, his finger tracing my jaw. i flinch at his touch, my heart rate speeding up.

"right here, dickhead."

i sigh in relief. they spin around and look at river up and down.

"who you calling dickhead, asshole?" the guy challenges, raising his voice and getting in rivers face.

"if you lay another hand on her, i swear to god." river says, growing angrier by the second.

the guy turns to me and grabs my ass. i squeak and jump at the contact.

"whatchu gonna do about it, pretty boy?" the guy challenges again.

by now, steam was coming out of rivers ears. he punches the guy across the face, knocking him down.

"HEY!" the sales clerk yells.

river grabs my arm and we run out of the store and to the car.

"wait!! i forgot my pink floyd vinyl!!" i said, stopping in my tracks.

"we can get it at target." he says, grabbing my arm again and continuing to run to the car.

we both rush into the car and river puts the keys in the ignition. he quickly drives off and we both let out sighs.

"river."

"yes?"

"why did you do that?" i ask, looking over at him.

he clenches his jaw and grips the steering wheel. "they were bothering you."

"you didn't have to punch him, riv."

"HE GRABBED YOUR ASS Y/N!!" he yelled angrily.

i jumped in my seat at his sudden outburst.

"geez."

he sighed. "I'm sorry i just uh, i-i get jealous. no one should treat you like that. they especially shouldn't touch you like that." he says his jaw clenching again.

"it's okay baby. it's over." i say, putting my hand on his hand that was gripped on your thigh. he sighed and calmed down.

"i love you." he says, looking over at you with a slight smile on his face.

"i love you more bub."

*****************

i feel like this was lowkey bad but i kinda like it