goodbyes (request)

requested by spacehousewife

hope you enjoy charlotte ! <3

678 words

lowercase intended

*****************************

i stare at my phone laying on the couch beside me, chewing on my nails. i was dreading calling him, but i had to tell him the news sooner or later. fuck it. i grab the phone and dial his number quickly before i change my mind. i press the phone to my ear, and screw my eyes shut, preparing for what's to come.

"hey charlieee." his perfect voice fills my ear.

my heart wrenches at his happy state.

"h-hi rio." i stuttered, my voice giving away my nervous feeling.

"what's wrong?" he says, his happy upbeat voice now becoming worried.

"well, i have to tell you something." i say.

"go ahead, im listening." he replies.

"I- come over." i say bluntly, hanging up.

there was no way i could tell him over the phone. i had to tell him in person.

5 minutes later i hear a soft knock on my door. my stomach churns.

i walk over and open the door, revealing my boyfriend's worried facial expression.

i motion for him to come in.

he walks into my apartment and sits down on the couch. "what did you need to tell me?" he asks. i walk over and sit next to him, a heavy sigh leaving my lips.

"i got accepted to yale, river." I said, looking deep into his eyes.

his face immediately fell.

"w-what?" he said quietly.

"it's just.. it's my dream school a-and I've always wanted to be apart of the theater program there. I know it's far away, but I've been wanting to go to this school and have been working hard for it since I was 10. It's so so important to me, riv." I say, grabbing his hands and squeezing them, tears welling in my eyes.

He remains quiet.

"I just... don't wanna lose you." he looks down, a tear running down his cheek.

my heart hurts, seeing him like this.

i scoot closer to him on the couch, and grab his face in my hands, gently forcing him to look at me.

"you will NOT lose me. i don't care that I'll be across the country. you mean way too much to me to ever even think about letting slip through my fingers." my voice wavering as i talk, tears falling down my face. my thumb strokes his cheek gently as he looks into my green eyes.

"im so proud of you. you're gonna be amazing." he smiles sadly, his eyes glossy with tears.

i engulf him in a tight warm hug, my arms wrapped around his neck. he wraps his arms around my back, holding me like he never wants to let me go. we cry into each other's shoulders softly.

"don't ever forget me." i whisper, pain in my voice.

he scoffs. "i could never, angel."

i pull away, and force a smile onto my face.
"let's not be sad. let's enjoy the time we have together. we still have summer!" i smiled at him, wiping his tears with my thumb, and kissing his cheek.

he smiles. "you're right."

"wanna go get ice cream?"

HEY! omg im so inactive i know. i say that every time but i just finished up with school,  exams and studio dance competition season. summer just started so i will definitely have more time but i also have a mission trip, an internship, dance team camp and practices and stuff, AND I'll be drowning in stupid ap summer work. #juniorszn 🤮 but yeah ill have more time and i still have a ton of requests i have to request but i promise I'll try to get them up as soon as i can so if you have an imagine you're waiting for im SO sorry it's taking so long:( thank y'all for sticking with me though! love u foreverrr <3

OH ALSO thank you charlotte for requesting!!! i really hope it wasn't too sad!!?? i tried to end it off on a cute note lol. hope you enjoyed:)