Chapter Twenty: A Blood Guard's Warning

Merlyn was going to help Morgana and it was as simple as that. Gaius and Kilgharrah were strongly against it but Merlyn knew she had to do something - she saw no reason not to. Knowing she couldn't help her jerked, Merlyn had decided to help Morgana by sending her to the Druids but Merlyn didn't know where to find the Druids and she knew no one who knew their location either. The issue plagued her mind all morning.

Merlyn was stood within Arthur's chambers, her hands absentmindedly cleaning Arthur's chainmail – an action she had done thousands of times before, with her mind still racing over the issue. Suddenly, Merlyn's thoughts were interrupted by Arthur's chamber door swinging open. Arthur himself came walking in, a large scroll in his hand, whilst Sir Leon walked in behind him. Merlyn frowned, curious to what Arthur was holding. Both men looked over to Merlyn and gave her a smile in greeting before they returned to the matter at hand.

"You sure this is all of them?" Arthur asked needing confirmation off of Leon. This was a big task his father had demanded and it had to been handled correctly – if he missed anyone Arthur could only imagine the consequences these people would face.

"Names and last known dwelling places alongside our suspicions of how they are involved in sorcery" Leon said his eyes unconsciously meeting Merlyn's causing Merlyn to miss the glance that Arthur also set her way. Considering that neither of them were grabbing her, Merlyn assumed her name was not on the list.

"My father suspects the fire was started by sorcery" Arthur said. He unfortunately too believed his father's words but whether it was malicious or not was another matter. It made no sense to Arthur that a sorcerer with evil intentions would merely light one curtain, if they had wanted to do harm surely setting the bed that Morgana had been in alight would have been a better plan. Arthur sighed heavily as he rolled up the scroll between his hands. Though he loathed to do this he had to. "Gather the men. We'll arrest them immediately."

"Yes Sire" Leon answered before he swiftly left the chambers to do Arthur's bidding. Arthur and Merlyn were once again alone in the Prince's chambers. The prince placed the scroll on the table before he walked away removing his blue jacket whilst Merlyn eyed up the scroll.

"So where are my flowers?" Arthur suddenly questioned as he threw his jacket onto his bed and scanned the room obviously searching for the non-existent flowers. Merlyn frowned at his words though her eyes stayed locked on the parchment. With a quick glow of her irises the scroll unravelled revealing the names and locations of the people they suspected of sorcery.

"Your flowers?" Merlyn asked, providing the illusion she was paying him full attention. Running her eyes of the words she quickly came across a person who could help her: Forridel, Camelot, Lower Town, Suspected of consorting with Druids. Merlyn knew of Forridel she hadn't spoken to the woman before but she knew where in Lower Town she lived thanks to a mutual friend.

"You got Morgana some. I assumed you'd be putting them in all the rooms" Arthur said as he walked up to her side causing Merlyn to reroll the parchment and lift her head to him. "Or is she the only one to receive a token of your affections?" Arthur smirked at Merlyn, clearly enjoying teasing Merlyn as he always did.

"As I recall I've given you several tokens of my affections" Merlyn replied sweetly. The comment bringing both parties to remember their numerous shared kisses. Then with an exaggerated innocent expression, Merlyn turned to face the prince. "Am I supposed to give those tokens of affections to everyone?"

"You better not be" Arthur immediately replied with a frown causing Merlyn to smile brightly at him. Clearly, Arthur didn't like the idea of Merlyn kissing other men and his reaction made Merlyn very happy – she had to mean something to him for him to react in such a fashion. Arthur just glared at Merlyn for her teasing comment. "Sword."