2

1970 - London, England

Freddie had made it to the band. Of course he had. After all, he was Freddie Bulsara.

It didn't take much time nor effort from the singer to get Brian and Roger's approval.

That night 'Smile' was performing live at the bar India worked at again, but this time, they welcomed two new members.

"This is John Deacon, our bassist." some people clapped. "and this is Freddie Bulsara, our lead singer." Brian May, the guitarist, said only to be followed by a booing crowd.

"Where's Tim?" someone could be heard shouting.

Freddie felt insecure for a split second but his smile stayed on.

Indigo shook her head disapprovingly at who had shouted such a thing and refused to serve them any drink for the rest of the night.

She decided not to say anything to the person, only because she knew it would distract Freddie, and that was the last thing she wanted to do.

The singer struggled with the microphone at first, but rapidly managed to get a hold of it, having to break the stand it was being supported by in the process.

Sensing Freddie's discomfort and seeing the look on India's face, Roger carefully turned to the singer and asked "Ready Freddie?"

He just nodded and then started to sing his heart out.

Apart from the mistakes he had made concerning the lyrics, he did put on an amazing show, entertaining everyone in the crowd.

Indigo was terribly proud of her incredibly talented friend, who she noticed was staring at a blonde girl in the crowd.

India smiled and moved her body to the rhythm of the song. She then proceeded to serve some more customers while dancing, taking some looks at the band playing, always offering her unconditional support to her best friend.

Of course she found the blonde beauty staring at her multiple times, action to which she simply just rolled her eyes at.

**

"You were amazing!" The girl exclaimed as she approached Freddie backstage.

"Did you think so, darling?" Freddie asked her with a wide smile on his face.

"I've never been so sure! You four just work perfectly together!" she continued happily. "Who would have thought?" she teased Fred while smiling.

"Do you need a ride home, Fred?" Brian asked while entering the room. "Oh sorry, didn't know you had company." he said embarrassingly, rapidly prepared to close the door.

"Oh! Don't mind her, Bri! Just some crazy fan desperate for a kiss." Freddie answered jokingly.

India turned her cheek towards her friend, waiting impatiently for the kiss that didn't take long to arrive.

"There, you can go know." the singer said.

Brian smiled at the friends' interaction, easily discovering that they were terrible liars, mostly for the fact that he had noticed the girl smiling at Freddie during the entire show.

"I'm Brian May. It's a pleasure to meet you." he lent a hand for the girl to shake, which she didn't take.

"Oh, come here Brian!" she exclaimed, taking the guitarist in for a hug. "I'm Indigo, but you can call me India." the young woman smiled brightly.

"She's American." Freddie quietly whispered to Brian who just made a realization face and whispered back:

"That makes more sense!"

Right after, John and Roger entered the room while having a heated discussion about who should drive the van.

"You're a terrible driver, John!" Roger started. "If I let you drive, you're probably gonna get us killed!"

"I happen to disagree with that!" John fought back. He then took a glance at the three people who stood in front of him, faintly recognizing India's smile from the crowd. "Wow, you look like you came out of Woodstock."

"Ugh you." mumbled Indigo at the same time Roger mumbled in astonishment "You!"

"I knew there was a reason why we hired Freddie as our lead singer!" Roger smiled cheekily "I'm Roger. Taylor. Roger Taylor." he stumbled on his words, which was indeed very unusual for the blonde beauty. "You know, Brian has had this massive crush on you for such a long time! I'm quite surprised he finally confessed to you!"

"Yeah, because he's the one who stares creepily at her during gigs." mumbled John.

"Oh! Remember that one time you tripped on your drum set because you were staring at her?" Freddie laughed along with everyone but Roger, remembering the hilarious memory.

"John Deacon, by the way." John smiled at Indigo, who did the same in return.

"That was one time, Fred. One time! And I was most definitely not staring at her! I can't even see her from the stage." Roger defended himself.

"I don't know if you can see her or not, darling, but you definitely try to." Freddie remarked smugly.

"You have to admit, Rog. No one can resist this beauty." Indigo smiled, whipping her hair behind her back.

"'Rog?'" the drummer smiled.

"She's American." Freddie and Brian mouthed.

"Oh! That makes more sense!" John whispered while Roger nodded.

-//-
02/01/2019
Today's Ben's birthday :) Happy birthday!