Alternative Ending (original)

This was the original ending for this story but after reading some of your opinions, I decided to change it. Some of you said you wanted to read it so here it is!

Also, thank you so much for the support you've all been giving! Your comments make my day and I'm so genuinely happy you enjoy the story!
Love you all 💓

-//-

July, 13th 1985 - Live Aid

Saying that the band was nervous, was indeed an understatement.

All their loved ones were there to support them, but India was nowhere to be seen.

After a year of dating, India and Roger got married and prepared themselves to welcome a baby into the world.

They both lived in a sweet comfortable house in West London and were more in love than ever before.

India had gone back to her former way of dressing, which made her look ten years younger.

She spent most of her time in active marches and parades concerning human rights, always mourning the death of one of her dearest friends, John Lennon.

She hadn't yet shown up at Live Aid, only because she had a terrible night of sleep, but she promised Roger she wouldn't miss it for the world.

He insisted she stayed home, but stubborn Indigo refused to do so.

Roger ended up agreeing, since he did want his lovely wife to be there standing on the sidelines supporting him. The thought brought a smile to his face. And he then thought about their child and his heart inevitably exploded with happiness.

Their set was seconds away from starting and the joy he took in his heart only helped him play even more passionately.

He would sometimes look at the sidelines where he would see Mary standing alongside Jim Hutton and her husband, David.

He didn't think too much about the fact that his India wasn't there, only because he thought that she had preferred to stay home.

On the other hand he couldn't help but worry about his wife and their baby.

The same happened to Freddie, who was extremely sad, but did his best not to show it.

India was part of 'Queen' ever since the beginning. This great achievement wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't for her, as well as every other achievement made by the band over the years.

Brian and John were missing her reassuring smile that would make their confidence increase at such a high velocity.

She was and had always been part of the band. It wasn't fair that she couldn't be there.

**

Meanwhile, India was rapidly getting ready, since she had pressed the snooze button way too many times in a row for her own good.

While getting ready, she would glance at the tv and dance to the sound of 'Radio Ga Ga' from time to time.

Turning off the tv and getting ahold of her caramel brown thrifted purse, she smiled at a photo of her daughter, Aurora, who had just turned three, that stood right at the entrance of the house and blew it a gentle kiss.

**

India was waiting for a taxi when it happened.

Everything was so fast. Impossible to describe it or even imagine.

The world citizens were once again completely shocked after hearing the news that yet another activist had been shot deadly thanks to their beliefs.

The news spread quickly. Unfortunately, way too quickly.

**

'We are the champions' was the last song of 'Queen''s set. Mary side hugged Jim, both looking incredibly proud of the band.

A producer soon approached, breaking them apart and started calmly, turning to Mary. "I am terribly sorry." sighed the man. "Indigo Clover unfortunately passed away due to—"

Mary's mind went blank as she wasn't capable of hearing the rest of the sentence.

She completely broke down right then and there, catching Brian's attention.

Mary excused herself while she waited for their set to end to finally give the news to the band.

She could already imagine the look on their faces, something she didn't want to see.

**

Indigo Clover, 02-06-1951 New York, U.S.A. / 13-07-1985 London, England

Indigo was the proud mother of Aurora Dean, who was at the time of her passing, 3 years old.

Indigo was happily married to Roger Taylor and kept a healthy friendship with her ex-husband, Mathew Dean.

Indigo and her husband, Roger, were expecting their first baby together.

She was never forgotten by activists all over the world and mostly, forever remembered as a legend and an important member of 'Queen'.

~THE END~

-//-

18/01/2019