12

1976 - London, England

"Another tour?" the young green eyed woman asked. "That's amazing, Fred!" she hugged her best friend.

"I know, right?! Everyone's so excited to get back on the road!" he smiled genuinely. "Are you excited? You don't seem very eager about it."

"Actually, Freddie..." India started "I've been meaning to talk to you for a while now."

Freddie's greatest feared moment had arrived, Indigo was leaving the band for good.

"I got this job offer in New York, and it's incredibly important for me. I can't say no." she informed sadly.

"Oh my darling, I'm so proud!" started the singer "I'm not even gonna pretend I'm not destroyed. You're the love of my life..." he smiled warmly "I'd rather if you didn't leave me, but if you're happy, I'm happy as well."

"You're the most important person in my life. You know that, right?" Indigo asked while the tears made their way to her eyes.

"And you're my everything." Freddie's eyes were also watering and both shared a beautiful hug only they could cherish the way they did.

"Thank you for supporting me."

"Always."

**

Bob Dylan's vinyl could be heard in the background, since Roger knew he was India's favorite artist.

"So... you're leaving..." he acknowledged sadly, breaking the silence between the two of them who sat closely on the green velvet sofa at Roger's apartment.

"I am..." she answered, avoiding to look at him, because she knew that would only give her a reason to stay.

"I'm really happy for you, truly." he smiled. "I'm not gonna lie, my heart broke into tiny little pieces when Freddie told me." he continued.

Indigo could tell he was being serious by the look on his face and she couldn't help but think that she was talking to a completely different Roger.

"I remember this perfectly!" exclaimed Roger looking at a picture that laid on top of his coffee table.

India took it in her hands and smiled nostalgically.

"We were so mad at Freddie because he kept trying to hit this high note." she laughed and he joined her.

Roger was staring at the picture while looking above her shoulder. He was incredibly close to her, which made him shiver.

He then looked up from the picture and stared at the young woman he had learned to love.

"You're beautiful, you know that?" he said.

She faintly laughed.

"Are you comparing me to a car in your head?" India asked amused.

"No, I'm serious! Your hair, and the way it falls down your back... your beautiful green eyes... your passionate soul... your intimidating personality." he said dreamily, while looking at her.

She just looked at him amusedly and incredulously.

"I didn't know you turned into Shakespeare when you're drunk." she laughed and took another sip of her drink.

"I've had feelings for you ever since I first saw you serving drinks in that bar." he started. "Feelings that I couldn't quite understand and that I didn't like at first, because they made my heart ache. Does that make any sense?" he asked confused.

"I guess it does..." she laughed. "I know it must be weird since I come off as mean most of the time, especially towards you, but I've felt that weird feeling too."

"Does that mean that we're in l-"

"Don't say it when you're drunk, please!" she laughed. "I don't know what we're feeling but I like the warmth you bring me."

"You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen." he said, getting closer to the girl.

"Why did you have to specify the gender?" she asked "I think I'm second best behind a car." she smiled kindly.

"You'll never be the second best." he smiles one last time before placing his soft lips on top of her pink ones.

May sound cliché, but their lips fitted each other perfectly. Might have been because they were drunk but I highly doubt it.

Her soft hands played with his blonde hair that she had loved ever since they first met and his hands cupped her face in the most adorable way.

The kiss was the most gentle and the most meaningful the both of them ever had.

Of course, they had kissed a lot of people, but this kiss was, in so many ways, totally different.

They felt safe... they felt extremely joyful, something that guaranteed them that they had found each other for a reason: to make each other happy.

-//-
12/01/2019