14

1980 - New York, U.S.A.

After leaving London, India moved all the way back to her former home, New York.

She ended up renting an apartment, while working at a nice coffee shop near the 5th Avenue.

Her time on the spotlight alongside her best friends, and one of the biggest rock bands of the world, had brought her her own success since she was offered various jobs after she left her spot as the band's vocal coach.

Four years had passed and so many things had changed.

India was married to one of the most attractive men of Hollywood, being the most attractive woman of Hollywood herself. They lived together in a penthouse in New York City.

India did hang out with Brian and John from time to time, without Roger knowing, and she constantly talked to Freddie over the phone.

She knew he was in a bad place and felt bad for the fact she couldn't be there for him.

On the other hand, she completely cut connections with the blonde drummer who had, for a split day, stolen her heart. She had to admit that she was incredibly happy with her husband and she knew she had grown. Mentally and physically.

Her once long wavy hair was now shorter, shoulder length, and straight. Her bone structure had matured, making her jawline even more prominent than before.

She did still stand by the hippie movement's beliefs but she now dressed way differently.

High heels and fancy dresses, who would have thought? Don't worry, she absolutely loved the way her life was. She grew up to become the Killer Queen.

She sometimes smiled at the thought. Life does play some tricks on you.

When she received a call from Paul, Freddie's whatever the hell, inviting her to this big party in London, she had to think about it twice.

"I really don't want to bump into some people, you know that." she sighed as she laid on her bed besides her husband, Mathew.

"I know, I know... but maybe this is a chance to make things right." Mathew said and India just sighed once again. "Don't you miss London? Don't you miss your friends? I'm sure he doesn't even remember any of it by now." he continued. "Also, I'll be there with you. If you ever need help, just look for me." he smiled kindly at her.

"What did I do to deserve you?" she rhetorically asked. "You're an angel, you know that, right?" she said kissing her husband on the lips.

"I've been told." he laughed and returned the gentle kiss.

"Good night." She said turning the lights off.

"Good night."

**

1980 - London, England

"And the queen has arrived!" Freddie presented himself while approaching his band mates, dressed up in a royal attire.

The members of Queen, except Freddie, all sat around the lead singer besides their wives.

"Come on everybody! Another round!" shouted Freddie excitedly, followed by the guest's cheers.

Roger took his wife's hand and stood up right before saying "Fred, we should really get going. It's getting late and-"

"Are you serious? Roger Taylor leaving a party early everybody?!" stated incredulously Freddie. "Where is your loyalty?"

Out of the corner of his eye, Roger spotted some unforgettable green ones and his heart immediately stopped.

Freddie noticed and looked in the direction the drummer was looking, only to find his best friend standing alongside her husband. He rapidly took her into a long hug, which she gladly returned.

Freddie took her hand and led her to where Roger and his wife stood, still very in shock.

"We were just talking about loyalty." Freddie starts. Roger's jaw clenched and he tried his best not to say anything. "How important is loyalty to you, India?" he asked the girl.

She was truly speechless. Indigo managed to look at her best friend, hurt clearly visible all over her face and scoffed.

Roger clenched his fists and was prepared to wipe Freddie's mustache out of his face.

Indigo took Mathew's hand and left the scene, clearly very offended.

Brian left after her and soon after, Roger calmed himself down and followed Brian, only to find out that Indigo and her husband had already left.

He felt hurt, of course. How couldn't he?

The girl he loved and hadn't seen in years, was married to another man and the last two times he had seen her, she ran away with that intimidating look on her face.

'She is happy.' he thought 'And so am I."

-//-
14/01/2019

-//-
Thank you guys so much for 1k reads! Also we're #2 on #ramimalek! Keep on voting and being the sweethearts you are! Love you all 💓