9

1975 - somewhere in England

"Galileo...Galileo...Galileo, Figaro"

Roger sang before asking "How was that?"

"Higher" said Freddie.

"Can you go a bit higher?" said John kindly to Roger.

"If I go any higher, only dogs will hear me." the blonde sassed back.

Freddie closed his eyes and said "Try." He then pressed the record button.

"Galileo... Galileo... Galileo, Figaro."

"Higher" Freddie mumbled once again.

The guitarist gestured for his friend to go higher.

"How many more 'Galileos' do you want?" Roger says, clearly getting infuriated.

After 5 more attempts, Freddie always wanted Roger to go higher, which became very irritating for everyone in the recording studio.

"Who even is Galileo?" asked Roger impatiently.

India decided to take action and through the glass, she started to give indications to Roger on how he could reach a higher register, since she was after all, the band's vocal coach.

Eventually, after many attempts and some stupid questions and remarks from the drummer, he was able to get the perfect note and Freddie was finally satisfied.

"By the way Rog," started Brian "Galileo was an Italian astronomer, physicist and engineer who-"

"Go to hell Brian."

"Are you serious?"

"Nobody asked."

"Well, there's no need to be rude!" Brian said offended while turning towards Roger, India and Freddie, who had previously spoken.

"There's also no need to be annoying, and here you are!" Roger cynically smiled.

**

"Basically, you do this" said John to India, who was holding his bass. "And this" he continued, taking her hand and teaching her how to play.

"Way to go, my darling!" yelled Freddie from the other room where he and Brian were gathering their stuff to leave. "You have a gift for music!"

"You really do, India" agreed John "Don't you ever think about doing something that has to do with it?"

"I have actually..." she said smiling "didn't come to a conclusion yet."

"You better decide, and fast. Or else the world will be losing their time when they could be listening to your angelic voice." said Freddie matter of factly.

The two continued arranging the stuff in the studio while John and Indigo continued having their class of bass. Roger arrived soon after, with tea for everyone.

He set it on the table and heard Freddie say "Oh thank God, Roger! Took you long enough!"

The blonde just rolled his eyes and looked up to see his two friends really close to each other.

"Um... what's going on?" he asked Brian.

"Oh! Deaky is teaching India how to play the bass." he answered. The guitarist then looked at Roger funnily. "Why? Don't tell me you're jealous..."

"I should have known!" The drummer ignored Brian and continued "the way they always look at each other, the quirky and witty comebacks he gave when we first met, the fact that she told him she had something with a Beatle first!"

"Rog, hey..." Brian started reassuringly, putting his hand on his band mate's shoulder. "That's not the case! And even if it was, how do you want Indigo to reciprocate her feelings for you if you're a total arse to her all the time?"

"I don't have feelings for her, first of all." Roger started unconvincingly "and second, I offered her my bed-"

"You did what?!" Brian asked.

"No! Not like that! Paul is making her sleep on the couch" he started.

"What an arse!" exclaimed Brian.

"I know! And I suggested we traded!" The blonde finished.

"Wow. I can't believe I'm talking to Roger Taylor right now." the guitarist answered.

"Will you girls stop whining for a second and come here please?" Freddie snapped.

He then managed to turn to them while sipping his tea and right after, he said:

"She's not into John. Into Roger, I'm not sure, but I don't think so..." he continued "she does find you attractive, don't get me wrong, but she's an hippie, a very spiritual woman who truly cares about people and all you do is sleep around..." the singer finished and continued drinking his tea.

Roger just smiled and said "If I had feelings for her, this would have made me sad." he continued "but I'm not, so it doesn't bother me." he shrugged.

Brian just looked at him.

"I do find her attractive as well, but nothing else. Just another girl." he shrugged again.

"I really don't know who you're trying to convince, me or yourself, but we both know India's not just another girl."

Right after, Brian left along with Freddie.

John had already left, leaving Indigo in the recording studio only to be joined by Roger seconds after.

"Can I try?" India asked Roger while picking up his drumsticks.

Roger scoffed and laughed before saying "I mean, you can try..."

India then proceeded to sit on the bench Roger usually sat while playing and started to play his solo in "Keep Yourself Alive" flawlessly.

After finishing, she looked up to find a mesmerized pair of eyes and a mouth hanging open.

"Holly fuck!" was all Roger was able to say.

"I used to date a drummer." she shrugged and made her way to her own things in order to gather them and leave.

"Is he the guy from the picture?" Roger asked once again.

"Did you go through my things?" she said, hurt clearly in her voice. She turned to him and the drummer was able to see a comeback off her intimidating eyes, only this time, more intimidating than ever before.

And that was saying much.

Roger just stood there, pretty much paralyzed while Indigo turned on her heels and left, still with the same face expression.

-//-
09/01/2019