Epilogue

2018 - London, England

Ben Hardy, the actor who played Roger Taylor in the most recent biopic "Bohemian Rhapsody" sat besides Adelaide Marshal, the actress who brought the beautiful Indigo Clover to life in the same movie.

Before them, stood an interviewer who proceeded to turn to Ben and ask.

"So... Ben, What was the hardest part about playing Roger?"

The actor smiled and answered quite immediately. "Definitely having to learn how to play the drums, and the 'Live Aid' scene." he smiled at his co-star and continued "we actually filmed it—"

"—on the first day. Yes, we know..." Adelaide laughed and rolled her eyes.

Ben just chuckled along with the interviewer.

"How did both of you manage to bring to life the famous love of Roger and Indigo?" asked once again the interviewer.

"Roger and India being there helped a lot!" this time was Adelaide who answered. "I remember him telling me, right in the first day we shot: 'your smile reminds me of hers' and she just shook her head, slapping his harm gently while smiling." she smiled genuinely. "And that really helped me, I guess." she grinned at Ben.

"Yeah, the way they always talk about each other is truly inspiring" he continued. "The way they loved each other at the beginning, and how they were able to reconnect so easily after so long is extremely rare." the actor said dreamily.

"I would say we make a great team." Adelaide laughed only to be joined by Ben.

"We do!" the blond answered.

"You made everyone recall their love for Roger and India's relationship. It's a hard thing to do!" the interviewer smiled. "Congratulations"

The actors grinned at each other and Ben said "Apart from all the seriousness, we did have lots of fun while shooting the movie."

Adelaide then continued "Joe has a lot of very entertaining videos of us doing incredibly weird things with Brian looking at us in disapproval in the back" the woman smiled.

-//-

Hollywood, L.A., U.S.A., 2019

"And the golden globe goes to..." Tom Holland starts.

Rami was biting his nails, Joe was saying some prayer, Ben was glued to the screen, Gwil was holding tight onto his champagne flute and Lucy was trying to keep her breathing as regular as she could. Aurora was holding onto her young brother's hand while their kids couldn't stand still.

Roger, Indigo and Brian held hands with one another, feeling terribly nervous.

"Adelaide Marshall!" finished the actor who portrayed the famous Peter Parker.

Adelaide took her hand up to her mouth, which was hanging open. The tears didn't take long to arrive and all the hugs and cheering only made everything better.

She noticed from the corner of her eye Timothée Chalamet smiling genuinely and that's when she knew she had made it.

Once standing on the stage, the actress struggled to let her words out because of how overwhelmed she was.

"Wow..." she breathed. "I-I... I'm speechless." Adelaide smiled. "First of all, I want to thank the incredible band that is 'Queen'." everyone started to cheer "Thank you for being such revolutionary legends!" she finished pointing the award towards Brian and Roger who smiled warmly at her.

"I obviously want to thank the boys and the girl for being spectacular co-stars!" Rami shouted "I love you" and everybody clapped. The young woman laughed and continued.

"And I also really want to thank the amazing Ben Hardy, because Indigo's and Roger's story wouldn't be as perfect without Indigo or without Roger. And the same with us. There's no Adelaide without Ben, and there's no Ben without Adelaide. Thank you!"

Ben was beyond proud of one of his best friends and was taken aback by her speech. He smiled widely while everyone around him cheered, mentally thanking 'Queen' for existing and turning his life upside down.

"And mostly, I want to thank you, Indigo, for being the most inspiring woman I know. It was an honor to be able to portray you. Thank you!" Indigo smiled brightly at the young woman who had brought back memories from India's crazy life.

**

And there Roger stood, with tears threatening to fall. He thought back to all the memories he and India had together.

Then and there, he knew that she was, after all, the woman he would forever love, and it all started with his stares from behind the drums.

But to be truly honest, he couldn't help it, because her smile made everything inside him feel right. And he would do everything to keep her smiling forever.

~THE END~

-//-

This is the end of the story! I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it! Thank you all for the endless support you've been giving throughout the whole book. Love you all! 💓

-//-
25/01/2019