6

1974 - London, England

"Hey Fred! Is your phone not working or something?" says Roger while entering Freddie and Mary's living room, followed by a girl who he introduced as Crystal but whose name was actually Cheryl.

Later on, the other members of 'Queen', entered the room as well, completely interrupting the lovely moment Freddie and Mary were sharing.

"Where's India?" Brian asks.

Not one second after, a scream is heard from the bathroom.

"There she is." Brian mumbles.

Cheryl then comes back with an unamused look on her face and says "there's a girl having a shower in your bathroom, you're aware of that, right?"

"We do know. Thank you for your concern." Mary fakes a smile at the girl and then looks at Roger in attempts to get rid of her.

"So you're saying you walked in on India while she was having a shower?" Roger asks the girl. Cheryl nodded and he turned to the others and said "if she asks who brought the girl here, tell her it was John." he then hurried out of the house.

"Why me?" John asked.

Brian just shook his head and Mary laughed at Roger's behavior towards Indigo.

Sure, she was pretty intimidating once you got to meet her but if you happened to be on her good side, she was a sweetheart and Roger just wasn't lucky when it came to being on India's good side since there was something about her that he just couldn't quite understand.

**

Indigo Clover. Born in New York on the 2nd June 1951 to a carefree guitar player in a garage band and a famous singer who happened to also be a beauty icon in the 50's.

Indigo was raised as a hippie in the decade of 50.

She went with her mom on tour until she reached the age of 15, when she hopped in a van with some strangers and drove without a destination.

That's how she was used to living.

Until she met Farrokh Bulsara, when she accidentally ended up in London during one of her trips.

They were tremendously close and no one could even think of breaking them apart.

India had taught Freddie most of the singing techniques she had learned from her own mother, which would happen to be extremely helpful in the future.

Her parents' love story was simply beautiful and would definitely satisfy a hopeless romantic. But the only sad part about it is that neither of the lovers are here to tell it.

Indigo had always been independent due to the course her life had taken over the years, but there were times when she couldn't help but miss both of her beloved parents.

Freddie's family became a second family for the young woman who had traveled the world but knew very little about true love.

And those two were the love of each other's lives, in a very platonic way.

They just couldn't imagine life without each other, which was just truly beautiful.

-//-
06/01/2019