18

13th July 1985 - Live Aid

Saying that the band was nervous, was indeed an understatement.

All their loved ones were there to support them, but India was nowhere to be found.

After a year of dating, India and Roger got married and prepared themselves to welcome a baby into the world.

They both lived in a sweet comfortable house in West London and were more in love than ever before.

India had gone back to her former way of dressing, which made her look ten years younger.

She spent most of her time in active marches and parades concerning human rights, always mourning the death of one of her dearest friends, John Lennon.

She hadn't yet shown up at Live Aid, only because she had a terrible night of sleep, but she promised Roger she wouldn't miss it for the world.

He insisted she stayed home, but stubborn Indigo refused to do so.

Roger ended up agreeing, since he did want his lovely wife to be there standing on the sidelines supporting him. The thought brought a smile to his face. And he then thought about their child and his heart inevitably exploded with happiness.

Their set was seconds away from starting and the joy he took in his heart only helped him play even more passionately.

He would sometimes look at the sidelines where he would see Mary standing alongside Jim Hutton and her husband, David.

He didn't think too much about the fact that his India wasn't there, only because he thought that she had preferred to stay home.

On the other hand he couldn't help but worry about his wife and their baby.

The same happened to Freddie, who was extremely sad, but did his best not to show it.

India was part of 'Queen' ever since the beginning. This great achievement wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't for her, as well as every other achievement made by the band over the years.

Brian and John were missing her reassuring smile that usually made their confidence increase at a very high velocity.

She was and had always been part of the band. It wasn't fair that she couldn't be there.

**

Meanwhile, India was rapidly getting ready, since she had pressed the snooze button way too many times in a row for her own good.

While getting ready, she would glance at the tv and dance to the sound of 'Radio Ga Ga' from time to time.

Turning off the tv and getting ahold of her caramel brown thrifted purse, she smiled at a photo of her daughter, Aurora, who had just turned three, that stood right at the entrance of the house and blew it a gentle kiss.

**

Roger saw his beautiful wife arrive at the sidelines of the stage.

He sent her a grin to which she responded with the most adorable thumbs up.

India and Mary spent the rest of the show talking about how their pregnancies were going.

'Queen's' set eventually came to an end, and the young woman was surprised as she felt a pair of arms hugging her.

Roger was never a fan of clichés but spun her around to show her that for her, he could be whoever she wanted him to.

He then caressed her growing baby bump and asked the baby that stood inside if they had liked the show. When the baby didn't kick back, Indigo chuckled and ruffled Roger's blonde hair.

"It was amazing, Rog! Like, jaw dropping amazing!" she stated.

"How would you know?" he smirked "I saw you talking to Mary the whole time!" the blonde laughed "I wasn't playing for you, anyway." he shrugged. "I was playing for this little lad right here" he clarified resting his hand on her stomach.

She scoffed.

"I was joking! You know I'll always play for you." he smiled "I always have and I always will." he said kissing her.

"You better." she responded, resting her forehead in his.

-//-

18th December 1985 - London, England

"Oh! How beautiful you are, little Frederick..." Freddie smiled brightly at his god-son, whose light big eyes eyed him with curiosity. "Come to mommy!" he exclaimed, grabbing the little boy and holding him in his arms.

Roger laughed and little Aurora, who sat on his lap proceeded to ask in her sweet baby voice "Wait! You're my brother's mother?" she looked at Roger for an answer and he just scrunched his face.

"You didn't know, my darling?" Freddie turns to her "I'm your mother too!" he finished, attacking her in a hug and kissing her pink toned cheeks.

She chuckled because Freddie's moustache tingled her and hug him back, with her full force.

"How I missed you, my beautiful Aurora." Freddie grinned at the green eyed toddler. He then turned to her gorgeous mother who now held Frederick in her arms and looked at him adoringly.

The baby chuckled when India caressed his stomach and Roger stared at the sight mesmerizingly.

"Love of my life, will you look at that?" Freddie started "you and Roger just had an astonishingly handsome baby boy... who would have thought?"

Indigo chuckled and Roger kissed the top of her head.

Aurora jumped on top of India's lap, which made her wince a little, but soon became comfortable surrounded by her amazing family.

"Love, your braid is falling apart." Roger noticed, turning to Aurora "here, let me do it again." he finished, taking the girl in his arms and starting to braid her hair.

Freddie started at them both and smiled. 'Who would have thought?'

Right after, Brain and John stormed into the hospital room with their families, looking as happy as ever.

John's kids rapidly became overwhelmed with the new baby and Aurora was showing off her little brother to the other toddlers.

Roger smirked at his wife and said "We created the most perfect thing I've ever seen."

"Wow, I'm surprised you're not referring to a car..." Indigo smiled.

"When are you letting that go?!" the drummer asked desperately.

"Let me think..." India started "What about... never?"

"I love you, you know that?" Roger whispered.

"I do." she smirked.

"Oh, you're not saying it back?" Roger asked, pretending to be offended.

"Hey guys... your kid kinda looks like Paul McCartney." John said.

"Well crap." India muttered jokingly, making everyone laugh.

-//-

18/01/2019

-//-
I decided to change the end of the story because I felt terrible for breaking your hearts! I genuinely hope you like this ending. The next chapter will be the last one and will be the epilogue. Stay tuned! Love you all 💓