3

1971 - London, England

"So... we need a vocal coach." Brian stated.

"Umm, the hell we do." Roger snapped back. "Freddie's a great singer, and don't even get me started with my amazing falsettos." he continued while munching on his sandwich.

"I disagree." said Freddie "I'm a spectacular singer, thank you." he smiled proudly at Roger who just rolled his eyes. "But I do have to agree that we have to be perfect if we want to make something out of ourselves." he continued. "Plus, I know someone who could help us with that." Freddie smiled mischievously.

**

"Your vocal coach?" India asked incredulously. "Freddie, you know I'm the busiest I've ever been in my life now that I'm trying to settle in London, I can't have two full time jobs!"

"That's easy, my love!" Freddie started. "Just quit your job at the bar!"

"Fred, you know I can't..." she started.

"Where is my hippie, carefree best friend who traveled the world and probably hooked up with one of the Beatles? Still trying to figure out who it was by the way." the singer started and India just rolled her eyes at his statement.

"Wait? You slept with a Beatle?" John asked both surprised and amused. "I bet it was Paul."

India ignored John's comment and said: "Fred, since I met you, my life has drastically changed! I've finally settled down, something I never thought I would do and I'm proud of what I've achieved." she smiled.

"My darling, you sing like an angel and we need you! You're already part of 'Smile' by now!" Freddie said.

"What? Freddie, I sometimes help you with some singing techniques. That doesn't make me part of the band." India stated matter-of-factly.

"Reasonable" continued John "but, you're always at our shows, you're our biggest supporter, you bring us snacks and drinks while we're working on our music... want me to continue, dear?" he smiled.

Indigo smiled back, truly flattered by the offer from the two band members and she eventually changed her mind.

"Okay, I'll do it." she said only to be attacked by Freddie into a warm hug. "But it's only because I can get to see you guys while you're on tour!"

"Of course, India, of course..." John laughed faintly and then joined the hug.

"Looks like we weren't invited..." Brian says entering the empty bar.

"I'm extremely offended!" exclaimed Roger with his hand on his heart.

"She said yes!" Freddie shouts happily at the other two members of 'Smile'.

"I thought you were just friends. I'm confused?" Roger stared puzzled at the group.

"She said she'll be our new vocal coach. Roger, please catch up." John looked at him boringly.

Roger and Brian soon joined the other two on squeezing Indigo.

Little did they know this was just the beginning of their lives.

-//-

03/01/2019